PDA

View Full Version : need a part # for oil pressure switch

dmaxalliTech
08-21-2003, 20:39
Working on some lift pump projects and I am curious what yall have used for an oil pressure switch. I cant seem to find one that grounds with pressure to it, they are all backwards. I have it wired so that the OP switch will provide my relay ground with pressure.. Part no? Where did you get it?
TIA

GM Smitty
08-21-2003, 20:58
Yeah. I got one that was backwards too. Hooked it up and was a bit confused. :(
Got one from the 6.5.(#12555492) I had to grind off some of the plastic to get to the prongs, and used it with the positive wire to the relay. Seems to be working ok.
I was actually looking for the mating part to the switch for a more weather tight seal..you happen to have that # dmaxalliTech??

Josh

Kennedy
08-21-2003, 21:25
Eric,

I sent you an email.

The one Josh mentions is also a nice alternative although a bit big. The beauty of the switch Josh mentioned is that a guy can use a weatherpak plug on it. Knowing the history of the 6.5 switch though, I'd be certain to use it ONLY to activate a relay.

imported_
08-22-2003, 12:30
I just finished gathering all my parts and pieces for my lift pump install. I had bought the AC/Delco pump but didn't like the amount of fittings and custom ends needed. The price at $140cad was also a bit high.

I ended up with a Carter Federal Mogul fuel pump P/N P74019 with flared ends, two pieces of short hose, mounting bracket and hardware for $91. It even comes with instruction on how to install using there pressure safety switch P/N A-68301.

I am going to use a NOS 7psi normally open switch P/N NOS-15660 that I got for $45. The other misc parts for by-pass and electrical ran me about $50cad.

So for about $200CAD I now have a lift pump sitting on my desk ready to install.

[ 08-22-2003, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Big Blue ]