PDA

View Full Version : High or Low Pressure Fuel Line

lttlfeller
08-21-2003, 20:48
I have been hangin' around the forum soaking up information for a while and thanks to all of the excellent information and experience represented on this forum I have decided to install a pre-OEM CAT fuel filter. I am planning to mount the filter similiare to the way Ccds and Maverick mounted theirs. Much thanks to 56Nomad for the great post of consolidated fuel filter info'.

My question is about the fuel pressure in the line coming from the tank and into the OEM fuel filter, is this a high or low pressure line? I have inspected the stock fuel line and from the way the fittings look I am thinking this line is pressurized? I am asking becuase I want to use proper fittings when I plumb in the flexible fuel line for the new filter. Would an appropriate connection be made by flaring the cut ends of the metal fuel line, slipping 1/2" flexible fuel line over it, and securing with a worm gear type clamp? Your thoughts/ experiences would be appreciated.

BTW, I have a little over 17k miles on my Duramax.

Go Diesel power! ;)

dmaxalliTech
08-21-2003, 20:54
Welcome!

The line used only needs to be a low pressure line, unless you have a lift pump, its actually in a vacuum state. Most people use a heavy line due to its resistance to damage from the outside. If it was shielded good, just plain ol line would work fine.

lttlfeller
08-22-2003, 08:29
Thanks dmaxalliTech... your response is much appreciated.