PDA

View Full Version : Hey LONE EAGLE I need some help

William Lee Gingerich
08-22-2003, 09:27
I can't get to your racor install pict. on yahoo so could you please email them to me at dacoelec@grm.net Thanks.

jeephauler
08-22-2003, 13:46
I would really like to see them as well.

jeephauler@hotmail.com

Lone Eagle
08-22-2003, 21:01
Thanks for the interest guys. The photos are back at:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rm11234/lst?.dir=/Engine+Mounted+Racor+660&.view=t

The quality of filtration, good or bad, for this installation has not been proven. My sample is on the way to AV Lube. Should have the results late next week. Later! Frank

chipper
08-23-2003, 10:07
Lone Eagle,
Thank for re-posting,,much appreciated :D

J Dawson
08-23-2003, 10:38
Lone Eagle, I have the same filter that you have mounted on the passenger side firewall above the factory filter. I noticed that you have your petcock bleeder valve in the clean side of the filter on one of the ports on top of the filter. I plumbed my petcock on the cleanside also but on one of the horizantal ports. I was afraid that some dirt might get into the outside cavity on the petcock and fall into the filter when it is opened to bleed the filter since that would put the dirt right into the pump and injectors.

Lone Eagle
08-23-2003, 11:00
Good point J. I wanted to know if there was air in my system and the top of of the filter is the highest. Later! Frank

William Lee Gingerich
08-28-2003, 11:51
Lone Eagle,thanks for your reply I was out for about 4 days so I could'nt get back to you.Looks like a good install!!I ended up going with 56nomads design so I guess we'll see what happens.