PDA

View Full Version : well you guys talked me into it..

Springcrik
01-31-2006, 18:45
..so I hope it's super good. After hashing it out on the Ford Diesel Stop, Turbodiesel Register, and this forum, and about 15 test drives, I plunked em down for an 05 LT w/Allison(sales managers demo, 4K miles.) I don't think Ford is ever going to get the NastyStar 6.0L worked out, and every time you check there, another P.O.'d F250 owner is screaming for a buyback. I love the Cummins, owned a Dodge 98 24-valve, but the problem with the Cummins is that they only come in a Dodge! DMC just can't figure out that they need to build a pickup good enough to go with the engine, IMHO. Every time I got in a D/Max, I didn't want to get out.. there's just something about the interior and the overall drive that sold me. Anyways, I've chewed on this, and finally decided to do it. Pickin up new truck tomorrow....YEE-HAW! Thanks for all your commentary the last 6 months; it seems to me that an 05 without a bunch of mods is a pretty safe bet. Strongly considering the Kennedy filter, pre-OEM. Will definitely be running Stanadyne Formula from the first tankful.. ran that in the 98 and got 135K miles with zero problems.

Kennedy
02-01-2006, 05:59
I think you'll love it! Change the engine oil, spin on Allison filter and rear diff oil when you get it home. Fuel filter change is not a bad idea also.

Black95TD
02-01-2006, 17:53
Spring, I think you will like the 05 LLY. I also checked out the other fourms and found the same thing. The Dodge and Ford guys love to bash the s_ _t out of Chevy but they seem to have lots of problems. Mine is 6 mos old and I like it better each time I drive it. Good luck with yours!

Driveshaft
02-05-2006, 14:48
I HAVE AN '01 AND STILL GRIN EVERY TIME I DRIVE IT.

hapaschold
02-07-2006, 03:37
congrats on the purchase!!!!
i m one of those guys cursing a 6.0. have a van with one, been down for 6 weeks now, dealer cant trouble shoot without onboard recorder ? waiting for one to come in. ford s done nothing for me. so it s off the to generals lot for the next fleet.but not to say i didnt have problems with my 02 dmax, was plagued with inj problems. and gm would only replace one at a time.

i ve price a 06 dmax cc .. waiting has pd off a bit. dealer will sell 100 bucks over invoice now.