PDA

View Full Version : Bad Edge Juice?

denverdale
02-01-2006, 08:37
Some time ago I posted a message on the board regarding my Edge Juice. My truck had quit running and I had to pull over and restart. A week or so later, it quit and then started running for just an instant. I removed the "Juice" for about 3 months and never had so much as a hicup. About a month ago, I reinstalled the "Juice". Last night while coming home from work, the truck started surging real bad. It seems to me that when this was going on, the display on the "attitude" was coming and going. I was able to limp home by just driving real slow. This morning, I went out and started it and it ran perfect. I could not get it to stutter, stumble, or fail in any way.
Edge tech support said they had experienced this condition a few times, but did not have reason for it. Since I bought the unit used and it was mfgd. in Jan '04, it is out of warrenty. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, what did you do to resolve it?

I need to go to auto zone and see if any codes were set. I'll do that today.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

DenverDale

madmatt
02-01-2006, 08:54
I've sen similar problems on Juiced LLYs. Sent the box to Edge for a software update and all was fixed. It was under warrenty though.

denverdale
02-01-2006, 09:14
I should have mentioned that my truck is a 2002 and has the LB7 6.6 diesel.

Thanks

71DMAX
02-01-2006, 09:21
I HAVE SEEN THIS PROBLEM WITH A LOT OF LB7 ENGINES. IT SEEMS TO BE A OVER HEATING PROBLEM WITH THE BOX. BE SURE IT IS MOUNTED WERE IT CAN BREATH. I BELIEVE EDGE HAS CURED THE PROBLEM. THE EJC1000WAM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THE NEW PART # IS EJC1001WAM

denverdale
02-01-2006, 09:24
71DMAX
I don't think that overheating is the problem here. Each time the thing has hicupped, the weather was cool. Last night I had only driven two blocks and temp was nice and cool. Never rule out good advise though.

DenverDale

Roger Williams
02-06-2006, 10:03
I have the Juice on my 2002, and it acted up also.
Edge traced the problem to my windshield wipers.
Sure enough, when the wipers were in use, the box acted up. I replaced the wiper module with a new one from GM, on the advise from Aaron from Edge, and the problem went away. Good Luck.