PDA

View Full Version : Anyone installed a boost gauge on LBZ?

KellyD
02-04-2006, 13:09
I can't find any place to tap into for boost on my 2006 LBZ motor. It looks like the sensors that are there are inside the housing. If you have installed a boost gauge on one of these, did you drill into the tube and install a tap or something? I was expecting to see some kind of rubber hose someplace that I could tap into.

-Kelly

More Power
02-04-2006, 14:01
You'll need to drill & tap the intake plenum between the intake air heater and the intake manifold - more or less just like we do for the LLY. smile.gif

Jim

ToddMeister
02-04-2006, 17:11
Just like I did last weekend on my LLY...

KellyD
02-04-2006, 17:16
Ok, that's what I thought. Thanks Jim. Oh, and thanks for the article on the installing the EGT sensor. I finally worked up the guts to drill into the exhaust on my brand new truck for the probe. smile.gif

Someone wouldn't happen to have some pictures of exactly where that is, would they? Without the Chiltons manual, I can only guess at what each part is. :(

More Power
02-05-2006, 22:57
The 2006 intake air heater is pointed out in the following article.

http://www.thedieselpage.com/features/2006MY.htm

Just choose a convenient location between the heater flange and the elbow that connects to the intake manifold.

Take the elbow completely off the vehicle to do the drilling/tapping or remove the intake air heater, then stuff a cloth down the hole (engine side) to prevent aluminum particles from being ingested by the engine. Use a vacuum to suck out the aluminum bits before pulling the cloth.

Good luck! :D

Jim