PDA

View Full Version : Juice activation

Bullseye54
08-24-2003, 19:11
At what temp does the juice come on? Mine doesn't seem to come on at the same temp ( by the guage) all the time.Most of the time it comes on at about 190*.Maybe different sensores being used for engine & guage.Is there any way to to lower the temp it comes on? JK?

thechevyhdman
08-24-2003, 19:37
I can sort of feel mine cmon around the halfway point between coldest number and 210 160? Personally I think its one of the best features on the Juice....no sense beating a cold horse. Bill

DMAX Daddy
08-24-2003, 21:00
My reply when I emailed Edge was its always on a little, it picks up at 175ish, and is on by 190 to 195.

As Bill said, its probably best not to ride a cold engine hard :D

Kennedy
08-25-2003, 09:03
Originally posted by thechevyhdman:
I can sort of feel mine cmon around the halfway point between coldest number and 210 160? Personally I think its one of the best features on the Juice....no sense beating a cold horse. Bill That's what I was going to say. Quite often you can feel it come on like a light switch if you are rolling moderately into it.

RVGuy
08-25-2003, 10:13
Same here...and outside of Edge changing their programming, I'm fairly sure there's no way of getting it to come on any colder.

Agreed that it is a good thing for it to not allow full power unless the engine is good and hot and can handle the extra load of diesel.

Bullseye54
08-25-2003, 10:45
I agree with everyone about not hammering a cold engine.My situation is 3 mies from the house is a busy 2 lane road I have to get on.when you get an opening you gotta get with it.The juice usually comes in wright after that.No big deal,but it does make you realize how much power you gain with juice.