PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injector Pump

BE Johnson
07-15-2004, 12:03
Hey Guys, My 6.5 212k. act like it's not getting enough fuel when I am backing up or coming to a stop. It jumps two or three time. When I come to a hill I get lots of black smoke, and power loss. I have been told I need a new fuel injector pump. and can I put this pump in myself or do it need to be gauge in. Can anyone share their idea on this.

MTTwister
07-15-2004, 13:35
BE - While awaiting a real response, "we'll" need to know Year of truck, etc... Pre or post electronic pump. Meanwhile - Try the Search feature on IP's, PMD's, Smoke, stallig, etc. Many different causes of problems with these beasts.

Replacing your own IP - probably, but you will need to get it "timed" afterwards. I believe the process is mostly nasty wrenching.

If you add the truck info to your profile, it'll show up when you post, and you won't forget to add it on future questions. ( yes, there will be future questions). Good Luck, and enjoy the day!

BE Johnson
07-15-2004, 13:44
1998 C3500 6.5 TD Silv

patrick m.
07-15-2004, 13:51
lots of black smoke would indicate plenty of fuel :D . maybe the problem is more along the lines of turbo wastegate actuator problem.
will need to see codes before we can do more than speculate.

ttpost
07-15-2004, 19:42
let me guess it was the STEALERSHIP that said you need an new injection pump. that seems to be their answer for every problem with these trucks. windows wont roll up, need new injection pump. tire went flat need, new injection pump. windshield dirty, get a new injection pump that will fix it. :D :D :D

ttpost
07-15-2004, 19:46
geez i went off about the stealership and forgot some ideas :D might want to check your fuel drain to see if you are getting fuel pressure and volume. check and/or change your fuel filter. check your lift pump to see if it is working. sounds like your turbo isnt working either. can you hear it? just my 1.79 cents worth