PDA

View Full Version : ECM Connector Problems?

Texas Bulldog
02-05-2006, 11:43
I had my first problem with a Duramax engiine and I am not sure what is going on. I have an 04 LLY 3500 CC 4x4 and it has about 56K on it. I have the Juice with attitude and was pulling my polaris Ranger to South Texas when I lost power and the check engine light came on. I was only able to go about 30mph until I could find a safe place to pull over. I called the local Chevrolet Dealer for a tow truck to be sent. I removed the aftermarket chip and on the biggest connection, I had a hard time seperating the 2 pieces but it finally released when I pulled it apart, it did not seperate smoothly when I opened it. I reconnected the stock parts and restarted the engine and it sounded the same, awfull. It sounded like it was running only on one side.
The dealer said it was a bad connection from the
ECM to the injectors and they cleaned the connection and cleared the codes and it was running fine. I picked it up and drove it about 40 miles and it did the same thing. Again I limped back to the dealership and they said they were going to have to replace all the pins in the connectors.
This is a very small Dealership and I would like to have some other opinions as to what is going on.
When I got the truck back it ran fine until the check engine light popped on again. All the gauges read normal.
They are saying the pins are not seating and making a good connection, and shutting down half the motor.
Will replacing the pins fix the problem, What else could it be?
I change my fuel filter every 10K and had just refueled about 60 miles prior to the problem.
Thanks for you help in advance.

madmatt
02-06-2006, 03:14
I'd say your ready for some new connectors on your #2 and #7 injectors. What codes were set?