PDA

View Full Version : How many Quick Disco's in the fuel feed line?

TPIJeep
05-22-2003, 22:14
I was crawling under my new 03 today trying to figure out how many of those darn quick discos there are on the feed line.

I for sure see one coming from the top of the tank to the hard line on the frame, then I see two more on the jumper line from the frame to the tranny crossmember. I assume there is a quick disco on the top of the fuel tank also.

If the air yall are experiencing is coming from these crappy fittings on the suction side why not just replace them with a compression fitting on the hardline and a AN fitting hose for the soft runs? Seems to me this would eliminate several of the potential leak spots.

Also where is the actual fuel pump is it the injector pump itself? That would mean even the gasket on the fuel fiter could be a potential leak and the fittings on and the primer itself. Correct ??

This being the case, wouldn't you be best served to eliminate the vaccum on the system with a lift pump like a_bear installed PLUS replacing the quick discos from the fuel tank to the lift pump? I have found the quick discos work much better in a pressure application than a suction.

If this air even in OEM configuration is going to mess up these fawking high dollar injectors I want to remove all of it! Who has seen the top of the fuel tank, what kind of fitting are we looking at up there? I hate to mess with the fuel system on a 40k truck but I damn sure am not going let poor OEM engineering decrease the longevity of my ride!

I fought Dodge for 3 years in court over a misengineered part that cost me 8k for an engine replacement, I am not about to start the same thing with GM!

Okay now I know we have some GM techs on this board, what will reworking the fuel system do to our warranty?

[ 05-22-2003: Message edited by: TPIJeep ]</p>

dmaxalliTech
05-24-2003, 07:03
tpi, warr concerns are gonna be dependent on your dealer. They see tampering and its gonna through red flags through the roof. Unless you have an understanding dealer, I would not go crazy fixing fuel lines. The fuel pump is just a suction pump on the LP side of the injection pump, It sucks the fuel from the tank so everything is a possible air entry point. You can install a clear hose from your oem filter to pump and put a vertical loop in it and check for air that way, if your dont see it, dont try to fix it.....I think JK is working on some sort of lift pump set up.. stay tuned