PDA

View Full Version : DTC code question

ALLAMERICAN1
05-12-2005, 14:36
I have owned an 05 GMC D/A for a little over a month now. I used to have an 02 D/A ext. cab but my 13 year old couldn't fit in the back anymore.

I have an AFE stage I intake. I put on a magnaflow turbo back exhaust a couple of week's ago and the exhaust dealer put on an EGR eliminator. When I picked it up it had a check engine light and was pouring out black smoke and went into "limp Mode". I had the original exhaust put back on and all was fine. This week I was talking to another exhaust dealer and he said he had done 15 or 20 of the new lly's with no problem. He actually opens up the cat and puts 4 inch before and after the cat. I let him put his on on monday and all seemed well. I have put approximately 250-300 miles on the truck since and this afternoon I get a check engine light. Truck runs fine, no smoke, no limp but I still have a light. The thing that's funny is that it went the 250-300 miles fine with no light. I went home and got my code reader and it is a P0299 "Turbo/super charger underboost". I'm asking this question here because he's off today but I will talk to him tomorrow. Is this due to the exhaust? Is there a fix for this?

I never had any of these problems with my 02. It had a 4 inch turbo back exhaust, Juice, AFE Stage II, and Banks big head waste gate. It ran great.

I purchased a Juice/Attitude that will be going on next week will this help or hurt.

Kennedy
05-13-2005, 05:59
CA emissions are the strictest. There is a balance between exhaust, EGR, and Mass Air flow and some times this gets messed up. Many have worked with EGR foolers, but myself I've stayed away as I'd rather not splice into wires with these.

I'll also note that some trucks have had issues without modification. EGR valves have been known to quit, and sometimes these codes just seem to happen on some vehicles.

ALLAMERICAN1
05-14-2005, 00:41
Do you think this code is anything to worry about? The truck seems to run fine. I've put about 50 miles or so since I cleared it and have not gotten a code again. Do you think the Juice will affect it positively or negatively.

Mike

david
05-14-2005, 12:50
Email me @ n5vxu@earthlink.net
David :confused: