PDA

View Full Version : Oil Cooler part numbers

Dihrdbowti
07-15-2004, 16:54
Ok so after I replaced my Oil Cooler line from Greg, Thanks again Greg, I thought I didn't have a good seal. Looks like it is not the lines but along the bottom row inthe middle. Here's my question I called the stealer and of course they want close to $300. Not going to go there. When I looked up my truck on GMPartsDirect it doesn't have a listing for the cooler at least I couldn't find one. I went to my GM 1996 CK-Truck Parts Catalog and came up with this part number 15557751 and when I went out to ACDelco I came up with this part number 15158525. GMPartsDirect has both of these and the ACDelco one is quite a bit less expensive $65 vs $135 for the one out of the GM parts catalog. I do have the 1/2 lines so I am trying to figure out which way to go. Any clues??

Dihrdbowti
07-16-2004, 09:21
Ok so I had an email in to GMPartsDirect and they responded saying that the one out my parts catalog is the correct one and that it is an external one. So that's the way I am going to go.
Thanks

Barry Nave
07-18-2004, 06:44
Any ideals to how or what happened to the oil cooler for it to start leaking :eek:

Dihrdbowti
07-23-2004, 05:02
The only thing I can think of is that I changed out the cooling lines several months ago and the only thing I can think of is that I wrenched too hard on them taking them off or putting them on and it flexed too much. the leak didn't appear for a month or so and even then it was a drop her or there. It all of a sudden got bigger.