PDA

View Full Version : BioDiesel

wildwilliesinc
06-05-2005, 17:44
Has anyone run Bio Diesel in their Duramax? I just got back from the dealer and had to pay a $900.00 repair bill. They had to drain my whole fuel system and flush the injectors and said that the GM engineering guys said bio diesel is not an approved fuel for GM diesel motors. I find this hard to believe since i know several people who run bio diesel in thier VW's, benz, and dodges. The local distributor says they fill up duramax's every week and have had no complaints. Any expereince or ideas?

More Power
06-06-2005, 07:26
If the fuel is certified by the ASTM, it should OK, and your warranty should remain intact. A local fuel station offers certified B20 #2 (20% bio), but I've not tried it. Homebrewed fuel would definitely be risky.

Talk to the fuel station where you bought your bio fuel. Ask for their certification.

I'd also want to know what specifically failed in your fuel system, and how a bio fuel contributed to or caused that failure.

MP

mhagie
06-06-2005, 08:35
tried my first tank of BIO in my VW this past week appears to have increased fuel mileage a little as usually it is half a tank at 300 miles this time it was 330.
Fill up this weekend will know for sure then.
Merle

Paintdude
06-22-2005, 17:46
I live here close to ADm the Bio diesel factory..You have to watch the fuel filter system. the Bio Diesel is greasy, I have seen it clog filters..Guys are running it in the older fords with no problems....

Kennedy
06-23-2005, 09:02
The Dmax is approved to B5.

MN issued amandate that all diesel be blended to B2 recently from what I understand. Someone from MN could likely expound.

I have been blending some factory "brewed" B100 into my tractors with good success (see Tough Guy's thread bout making your own.

silverback
06-23-2005, 19:12
I've used B20 twice from a reputable fuel wholesaler in Tucson with great results. Both times I added about 10 gallons of B20 to fill the tank. My MPG went way up and the DMax purred. I figure that blend is close to the GM approved B5. I also think most manufacturers are going to have to accomodate biodiesel within the next couple of years due to the rising cost of petro diesel. One last thing, I got a nice soy fuels rebate that put the net cost around $1.60 per gallon.
-Ken

TRPSHOOT
06-24-2005, 19:23
I've ran bio for over well over a year now with no problems, and that means no problems with my fuel filter either in my '03. Although the price around Indianapolis for the bio costs more than dino diesel. Anybody know why?

Nix
06-26-2005, 21:47
It costs more because the oil companies that own the White House want to discourage you from doing something good for the world, especially since it lowers their profit margins. Greedy people are inhuman ravenous bloodthirsty ghouls with zero concern for anything else but the quest for $.

JD Diesel
06-27-2005, 14:59
On my way oregon form so cal seen a lot of bio diesel signs. Don't know how much it was. was to afriad to try it. You know new truck thing. JD tongue.gif

nlp
06-27-2005, 17:36
Run B20 all the time, no troubles.

Kennedy
06-28-2005, 04:49
Soon as I can get my hands on some more, I'll be running it...

JD Diesel
06-28-2005, 04:54
Is is better than reg diesel. JD :confused: