PDA

View Full Version : New Silverado 3500

Dee Schuyler
06-10-2005, 05:03
First Post,
Just took delivery of my new 2005 Duramax, I came from the other side. But after dealing with the
Fords 6.0 turbo problems I am now a Duramax owner.
Anyone interested I have a couple Ford Horror stories.
We bought the truck for towing, and travel with another couple, I am looking for info on a CB radio that will fit in the small cutouts on the dash. Thank's for any response.
Dee

jjackson
06-10-2005, 05:38
I bought a Cobra Sound Tracker from Camping World. It is a CB and Weather radio combination, with all the controlls in the "mike". I mounted the small power box down beside the drivers seat on the right front lower corner, on the bottom of the console, on the plastic just above the carpeting. Ran the antenna and power wires under the carpeting. I hang the "mike" on the overhead storage compartment opening. This setup works well for me.

John

tanker
06-10-2005, 15:06
Dee, I have a Cobra 29LTD Classic that I used "Velcro" to attach it to the consule just to the right of my knee. Does not interfere when driving at all.
I looked at many CB's and didn't see anything that would fit in one of the holes, also the one with everything in the mike still had to be put somewhere, and under the seat is full, so I opted to put it next to me. Easy to see, and to turn any function knob.
Antenna I mounted on the rear bumper, left side. There is a hole in the steel part of the bumper, with a plastic plug, so I drilled out the plastic and installed it there. Seems to work ok, SWR's are good. I'll have to see how well it works on the big road, and also when hitched up. I did not want the antenna over 6' 6" so I can clear my garage door. I don't pull a 5th wheel, and I have a cap on the bed so thats as good a place as I found. ;)

jbplock
06-11-2005, 01:35
Moved to the 2550HD/3500 Accessories Forum...

smile.gif