PDA

View Full Version : OD lockout

huntindog
02-01-2003, 19:42
I see in the instructions that the OD lockout switch requires the PCM to be reflashed.
Is this a warranty item?
If not what is a reasonable price?
Getting ready for the JUICE!!

mtomac
02-01-2003, 20:43
As long as your truck is still under warranty this will get you the OD lockout programming w/o paying.

Even if your truck doesn't do it tell the dealer the tranny is hunting between 4th and 5th when you're towing. The fix for shift busyness is a TCM reflash which will include the OD lockout programming.

wakely
02-02-2003, 10:33
I got mine re-flashed last week. The bill quoted $82.00 for it, but I got it under warranty!

huntindog
02-06-2003, 16:28
I had my truck reflashed today.(under warranty)
When I got it back there was a TSB laying on the dash. It was dated 10/19/2001.
How can I tell if I got the programming I need to enable the OD lockout?
I'm hoping that I got the latest reflash, and this is just an old bulletin.
I don't have my paperwork yet as the dealer is mailing it to me.(seems to be standard practice at this dealer)

Silver Bullet
02-06-2003, 16:56
Dog,
I got mine updated today at lunch...I took a copy of this in and told them "when I was towing a trailer the tranny was givin' me the 5/4/5 busyness...just like described here" and handed 'em the article (www.gmtechlink.com/arcv_pdf/7_02_e.pdf page 6-7). I really did notice this when towning a loaded trailer back from Kansas last weekend (www.monkey.net/steve/images_misc/EB_FJ40_1.jpg). I can't get the OD lockout switch unless I give up my OEM aux. light switch or my auto-headlight override switch...not sure if I want to do that since my towing is limited, but this TCM calibration might help enough...time will tell.