PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer correction for bigger tires???

cbrock
02-03-2003, 22:41
Does anyone know of a product for an '03 duramax that will recalibrate the speedo for bigger tires? I am in the process of lifting my truck and putting on 35" tires and was wondering if anyone knew how I could correct the speedo? With my previous truck I used a hypertech programmer, but they are making anything as of yet. Thanks in advance...

RWTD
02-03-2003, 22:56
cbrock, we will shortly have the DiabloSport Predator available that will do what you are needing, plus you will be able to tune your vehicle with 4 different programs, as well as correct for any axle ratio changes (if ever done), and your top end limiter will be raised to 120 as well.

For more information please see my website at www.RunninWithTheDevil.com

Sincerely...

cbrock
02-04-2003, 00:43
Thank you for the response. Can you tell me what price you'll selling it at and when you think it's release date will be? Thank you again. This is very helpful.

TN farmer
02-04-2003, 08:07
cbrock,

I see you have a Bully Dog exhaust and I am getting mine this week. My question is did you get the 6" muffler? Which way did you face the baffels and how loud is it? I want to hear it good when you floor it but not be obnoxious on the interstate. I would appreciate any comments that you have. Robert

Also read this post about your tire size.

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000831

[ 02-04-2003: Message edited by: TN farmer ]</p>

ALLAMERICAN1
02-04-2003, 08:52
Superlift makes a unit called the Truespeed that recalibrates the speedo. It has a switch that allows you to set it up for two different tire sizes in case you run summer and winter tires. Takes about an hour to install. Mine is adjusted to within 1 MPH at 75. Works as advertized.

TN farmer
02-04-2003, 13:04
ALLAMERICAN1, If you don't mind what kind of price are you talking about for the truespeed?

[ 02-04-2003: Message edited by: TN farmer ]</p>

ALLAMERICAN1
02-04-2003, 15:06
I believe I ordered mine from 4-wheel parts out of L.A. With California tax (8.25) and freight around $190.00

sdaver
02-04-2003, 18:18
brock,
the way things are looking for the predator it might be availible for your second set of tires.

still waiting rather impatiently :( dave

ski
02-04-2003, 20:53
cbrock,

what kind of lift are you going with ? 4wp has a special right now on the pro comp, free MX6 shocks and installation (worth a grand). Thanks

cbrock
02-04-2003, 23:30
TN, the Bully Dog Exhaust is getting installed on the truck as we speak along with some other goodies. I bit the bullet and dropped my truck off to the local 4x4 guru's...Outlaw Offroad. I am getting the RCD 6" lift with 17x10 Axis Regulators with the chrome beadlock trim, 35x12.5x17 ProComp X-terrain tires, Bully Dog 4" Exhaust, Bully Dog Dyno Dominator, K&N Aircharger and the installation of my gauges with a match painted pillar pod. I don't know if it is the exception of my exhaust or all of them now, but I was told it didn't come with a tip...but it does. I just stopped by Outlaw today to check the progress of my truck and the tip is HUGE. I LOVE IT! Very cool looking...

TN, as soon as I pick that thing up tomorrow, I will reply back with my $.02 on the sound/performance, etc.

Ski, I got the RCD because I know lots of guys who run them and the shops I have all talked to love them. They never propose problems during installation, parts fit perfectly and RCD backs everything fully 100%. And what's really cool is the Bilstein shocks that normally come with it are yellow, but the new RCD lifts like mine have nickel plated ones. They look chrome.
I was so excited about all my new goodies, i decided to put them in my sig before i got the truck back. I get it back tomorrow and I'll let you know how the exhaust turns out.
Anyways, on the subject of the speedo correction, I have heard about the tru speed by Superlift, however I really don't feel comfortable splicing into my exhisting speedo wires. Maybe I'll wait for the predator or find someone who can do it customer possibly. Thanks for all the feedback.

cbrock
02-05-2003, 22:52
TN, I just got my truck back tonight. O..M..G. It's insane. I love the sound of the exhaust and is definitely not too overwhelming as far as the sound goes. I ended up getting the Duramamizer and it's really cool. It works well with the K&N filter charger and the exhaust. And the truck over all looks AWESOME!

TN farmer
02-06-2003, 07:58
cbrock, I bet you think you have have got a completely new truck with all the add-ons installed at once. I am glad to hear that about the exhaust mine will be in today if the weather permits. We got 4" of snow lastnight which is unusual and that really screws up the transportation in my area.

RWTD
02-12-2003, 17:48
cbrock, the unit will sell for $595 and that includes shipping.

I will be announcing the actual release date, and ship dates, of the Predator on Monday.

I will have a list of ALL monitored diagnostics by that time, if not sooner, as well. It will be monitoring much more sensors than the gas vehicles (which currently the gas Predator monitors 18).

Also, it will take approx. 15 seconds (fifteen seconds) between tune changes. It is MUCH quicker than the gas vehicles.

Sincerely...

mackin
02-12-2003, 18:46
Well,Well, Well......

In trying to find out more info on the Predator more disappointment on "my" horizon I'm afraid.....

Called and talked to JK picking his brain on the Predator knowing he has to know what is going on, if any one would, and in reference to actual tire size change program to correct speed'o, it's not gonna happen......In addition for me to do exactly that, and be able to adjust speed limiter as a stand "ALONE" with NO performance enhancement tune ,guess what boys,aint gonna happen either.....

GHEESSH and still no scan tool parameters????

HELLO !!!!!!

MAC :( :confused:

Brandenburg
02-12-2003, 19:08
I believe ATS is going to include speedo recalibration and speed limiter removal as part of their level 2 Allison fix. :D

mackin
02-12-2003, 20:56
As First Diesel said in anouther thread......

The talk is over ....... "IT'S SHOWTIME" !!!!!!!.......

MAC :D :D :D

[ 02-12-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

RWTD
02-13-2003, 08:43
Mackin, John was correct in his statement to you (I apologize if my previous post may have inferred that anyone was being misleading). Nick, at DiabloSport, just was informed of the latest on the Predator yesterday from their parent company Programa, and John had spoken with him shortly after this.

This morning I spoke with my confidants at DiabloSport, Nick and Johan, for the latest on the features for the *initial* (key word here) release.

On initial release, the Predator for the Duramax will include these features:

- Performance Tunes
1: 40 rwhp Economy
2: 60 rwhp Tow
3: 85 rwhp Performance

These #'s were achieved on DiabloSport's SuperFlow load cell dynamometer. Each file will take approx. 15 seconds to upload to the vehicle. The vehicle will need to be KOEO (Key On, Engine Off) in order to program.

As of right now, the non-performance tune to allow revs and speed limiter increase will not be incorporated.

- ON/OFF option to increase speed limiter and revs on all tunes (01's will have 110 top speed limiter, and 02-03's will have 125 top speed limiter, and all of these #'s are dependent on vehicle). Revs and Speed increase will not be a standard item when you program to a performance tune, but instead gives the end-user the option of turning it ON/OFF.

- 2001-2003 Duramax Diesel specific diagnostics that includes scan/reset capabilities for fault codes, and live data feed from various vehicle sensors displayed in real time (I will release a list of all of them soon). The real time data is very quick and updates instantaneously.

- Tire Size & Speedo Adjustments: The Duramax Predator will be able to adjust for tire sizes and gear changes, in the future (another key statement). On initial release the Predator will not incorporate tire size and gear change correction, but the main thing to remember here is that it is coming.

Any bios revision update that becomes a standard feature for retail will be free to all customers to upgrade their units to.

I will have a DiabloSport .pdf manual specifically for the Duramax soon, and will notify everyone of the link to download it from. As previously stated, I will also give information about the release date of the unit on Monday.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Sincerely...

[ 02-13-2003: Message edited by: RunninWithTheDevil.com ]</p>