PDA

View Full Version : Gauge Questions

Lone Eagle
02-04-2003, 19:37
I installed my gauges today. Drilling the manifold was easier than running the wires up through the pilar. I am not sure if I teed my boost gauge in the right line because I have zero on the gauge at idle. It comes up when I get on it a little and drops off to 2 0r 3 at cruising speed. I teed into the small hose that goes to the silver colored ( I want to say vacuum motor but I know it runs on pressure)with a shaft connected to it that goes back in to the turbo area. Is this the right line? Everything works great but I now have an SES light. Any ideas why. The truck runns great. Later! Lone Eagle

mackin
02-04-2003, 20:02
Lone Eagle

Sounds correct for boost readings as you won't get any at idle...Needs to be under load.....

You tee'd into the Wastegate Actuator hose (line).....

Why you now have a SES could be simple to complicated best to go to an AUTO ZONE and have them read code, or anyone else that may have a scan tool.....Then trouble shoot.....

MAC

Someone once had a problem with leaving the key in run position and cycling the glow plugs to many times and threw a SES..... :confused: Could be that simple.....

[ 02-04-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Lone Eagle
02-04-2003, 20:25
Thanks mackin. I followed your method drilling the manifold. I had safety glasses on but still got a peace of metal in my eye. The little woman fished it out ok. I am a retired Millwright and knew better. Goggles should be mandatory for this part of the job. I did cycle the key on and off quite a few times checking the wireing as I went. It is snowing a ton here so I didn't drive it very far. If it is still there tomorrow I'll call my dealer for an appointment. I am glade the Juice is easy to remove/replace. The one page schematic for the boost gauge looked like a copy of a copy of a copy. Thanks again. Lone Eagle smile.gif

Lone Eagle
02-05-2003, 10:54
mackin, The light went out before I had gone one block. The gauges are sure busy beavers. 20 degrees here this morning. At 75 on the freeway the temp was at 600 and the boost at 5. I got on it once and it went right up to 1200. (Juice on 4)Later! Lone Eagle :D :D