PDA

View Full Version : Got Guages article

biker Wayne
02-05-2003, 12:38
I'm getting close to getting the wife talked into a set of EGT and boost guages for my '02 Dmax. I know there was an acticle on installing these, but I can't seem to find it. Anyone know the link for the article?
Thanks.

Russ Denman
02-05-2003, 13:31
The "Got Gauges?" article was a 2002 article and has been archived. You can purchase previous year articles at: https://www.montana.com/turbo/order.htm

TimofCharlotte
02-05-2003, 17:34
You will also find some good info on gauge location at JKs site, Kennedydiesel.com.
I recently bought a SPA digital gage from JK and mounted it similarly to how he showed in the overhead console...very nice and clean install, and John's pics were clear enough to see where to install. I love having just one gauge for both. If you have an overhead console, you should see his pics of how he mounted it in his truck on that site.
Getting to the exhaust manifold to remove it for installing the EGT probe requires simply removing the splash guard on passenger side, cock wheel a bit for access (no lifting needed). You'll need a 12mm 12 point socket and a closed end wrench to remove the manifold from Y-pipe, and a 14mm socket to remove the manifold. The gasket is reusable, just wipe it down, it's a packed stainless gasket.
To install the pressure probe, I removed the blue piece between the intercooler pipe and intake manifold, and shoved a balled up piece of tape with cloth around it (tied securely to a long nylon tie wrap or equivalent) and shoved it down to seal off any chips from getting inside, drill and tap the cast pipe near the bend, then vacuumed when done and pulled out ball of tape/cloth. I don't have alot of specialized tools but I was able to do this in a day and it came out great. Good luck.