PDA

View Full Version : New 03 D\A is Home

Steve Cornell
10-30-2002, 19:35
Today I finally got around to picking up my new 03.
It's been at the dealer for 5 weeks but I didn't have time to do the trade, but it's home now.

I traded my trusty 01 8.1 \ Allison in on the new beast, I have a few pictures posted on my web site (in my signature)

The new truck is a 2500 HD green crew cab, D\A with gray leather buckets, Bose, and XM, I'll be starting on the "multi media" system in a few weeks and I keep ya posted as it comes together.

Glad to finally be over here on the "Diesel side: :D

mackin
10-30-2002, 19:44
Congrats !!!!!! Good luck......

MAC

Bobcat698
10-30-2002, 20:19
That truck is Identical to my truck, only a bit different ;)

Just think, Now you can pass EVERYTHING, including a Gas station, unlike your old 8.1L ;) tongue.gif

Good luck with your rig, you should be happy with it, I know I am!!

Garrett :D

pullinpower
10-30-2002, 20:34
Good luck with it,picked a great color. ;)

Chris N5CWM
10-31-2002, 23:17
OK, I have totally overlooked the fact there is a
radio control panel on the back of the center
console for the back seat passengers. Is this
a factory panel with the Bose units? And does it
come in both the extended cab and 4 door models
or just the 4 door?

I never noticed it when looking at trucks recently!

typecast
11-01-2002, 09:20
Dark Gray Metallic? Looks 'zactly like my '03 LT on the outside, pretty similar on the inside.

I like mine more and more every day.

Galen

KISMIF
11-01-2002, 09:52
Steve,

Great looking truck!

I woiuld be interested in your thoughts
on the 8.1 vs Duramax.

I almost went with the 8.1, held out for DMAX.

My truck should be here tomorrow. smile.gif

-KISMIF

Steve Cornell
11-01-2002, 18:33
I will post my opinions on the 2 engines in the months ahead, I was very pleased with my 8.1 and it pulled great, I hear everyone here calling them "gas guzzlers" but it gets no worse mileage than all the guys I talk to with Dodge 360s or Ford V10s, the 8.1 is a very powerfull gas engine and it is going to use a lot of fuel, I was pulling my car hauler (21,000 gross) from Charlotte, NC 2 weeks ago and coming up Fancy Gap mountain in Virginia I was running 70 mph, sure I was running 4000 rpms and watching the gas guage go down but the 8.1 will really pull on long grades, I looked over at my wife and said if this new Duramax pulls this good you will never get the smile off my face :D
I'm looking forward to towing with the new truck and feel it will tow better than the 8.1 (except maybe on long grades where the added RPM range of the gasser helps) but the mileage will be much better, the 8.1 (373 gears) got 12-13 everyday driving, 14 a couple times on the interstate and averaged 7 pulling my trailer, I should see close to 20 running empty and am hoping for 10 towing with the Duramax.

I promise I will give a "unbiased" report once I get the chance to work the new truck under the same conditions.

conradv
11-01-2002, 19:04
So is the Chevrolet Green the same as GMC's Polo Green Metallic (like mine)? My first thought is that it is, but it is difficult to take a good representitave picture of the Polo Green.

I LOVE the color - it looks black in the morning and night, but sparkles in the sun... Last fillup had an old fella go on and on about the color.

Steve Cornell
11-01-2002, 19:19
conradv,
The GMC Polo Green and Chevrolet Forest Green are the same color, just different name between product lines, I like the color, I must smile.gif I ordered another truck the same color :D , I originaly went with the new Arrival Blue but I had a new 03 1500 rented in Blue at the time and after a week I decided I liked the gren better.

Chris N5CWM,
According to the 03 Media Kit that I got today smile.gif the rear seat audio controls are only available with the crew cab.

conradv
11-01-2002, 19:26
Steve - I ordered mine in green and almost changed to the new blue before it was picked up by GMC, but am glad I held off. I know too many people with blue trucks...

p.s. - what's a "media kit"?

p.p.s. - my 3 year old boy just LOVES to push the power button on that rear control with his foot - maybe they should have devised a pull down cover for it... ;)

[ 11-01-2002: Message edited by: conradv ]</p>

Steve Cornell
11-01-2002, 19:37
A "media kit" is a package that is released to the magazines when new vehicles come out, it contains a wire bound brochure with complete specs and details all the changes for the new model line, it also includes a CD ROM with complete specs, press information and images of the new vehicles.

I found this one for the new 03 Chevy \ GMC trucks on e-bay.