PDA

View Full Version : 675 HP-----How does that sound diesel heads?

Maverick
10-31-2002, 02:19
"The display, measuring 3.75"X2.25"X1", will show turbo boost, exhaust gas temperature (EGT/pyrometer reading) and estimated horsepower. When the engine reaches 1300 deg. the computer will cut back on the added horsepower until the EGT drops back to under 1300. The LED readout has a selection dial with eight positions. Setting "0" signifies that the computer is turned off while the others increase horsepower in increments of twenty-five. This boils down to a maximum increase of 175HP*. For example: an engine rated at 500HP will now be able to achieve 525 at setting #1, 550 at setting #2 and so on until setting #7 where it will max out at 675HP*. While driving in snow, heavy traffic, fog, rain, off highway or if excitement levels become uncomfortable simply turn the knob back to zero where your engine will once again run at stock specs. At idle the computer renders the engine back to stock fuel settings. As pressure is applied to the throttle and the turbocharger begins to develop boost the computer will turn itself on and begin to add fuel at

NFLDMAX
10-31-2002, 07:05
Man, I was starting to get excited too.. ;)

George Gozelski
11-01-2002, 20:49
Maverick, what are you talking about buddy? Is there some BIG TIME horsepower that is coming our way?

thechevyhdman
11-01-2002, 21:10
I was just listening to the Cb a few weeks back when someone was talking about a computer mod for CAT engines. Came in halfway through the story. Was saying how you turn a dial and it brings in more horsepower etc. Thought he was talking about the Duramaximizer or which ever box has a dial on it. Didnt hear till later that it was a CAT engine. Do have to say though based on the guys story...I wouldnt get one. The guy on the radio said that it more or less blew up the engine pretty early. If any CAT owner is going to do anything to beef up there engines CAT or HOPenn will put in a new computer program for 300 bucks generally a five and a quarter can get beefed to just 600 with no warranty problems at all. Of course how much faster can you get a truck with 18 speed tranny anyways.