PDA

View Full Version : Engine Warranty question

JimErickson
10-31-2002, 11:11
Truck in shop for last 3 days. Code P0202 Problem turned out to be loose bolts on the Fuel Injector Rail taht was causing a short in Injectors and causing limp mode.

I have 50000 miles on truck.

Should this be covered under 5 yr/100000 mile Duramax engine warranty?

I pickup the truck later and want to have ammunition in case Dealer trys to screw me.

Thanx
Jim

D-max Man
10-31-2002, 11:51
Any engine repair should be covered but you will have a $100.00 deductable after 36,000 miles.

Which bolt they are claiming was causing this?
It doesn't seem possible sense the fuel rail is on the outside of the engine and the injectors ate under the valve cover.

[ 10-31-2002: Message edited by: D-max Man ]</p>

DmaxMaverick
10-31-2002, 11:53
JimErickson

Yes. As long as the fuel rail hasn't been previously "adjusted" by any other than GM. The $100 deductible will apply, so be sure to look at the bill before demanding a warranty coverage. The diagnostic and tightening of the bolts may (yeah, right) be less than the deductible.

If any other service has been done that involved the fuel rail, you could call foul. The shop that did the service could be responsible.

Good luck.

JimErickson
10-31-2002, 12:38
What they told me was that a loose bolt on the Fuel Rail was causing a split second short to the injector Electrical circuit. THis was causing a P0202 code to be set and engine to go into limp mode.

Not sure what all this means though. Hope they are right, don't want to be stranded again.

I'll post the exact service ticket explanation when I get it.

Thanx
Jim