PDA

View Full Version : Hot Juice and Fuel Leaking All Over!

3-Fan
02-08-2003, 01:07
I just installed my HOT Juice tonight after work. Went out to a movie. Coming home I noticed a bigger than normal cloud of diesel smoke behind me. Thought it was just extra smoke from level 4. When I rolled up to the stop sign, boy could I smell the diesel. Get the truck home and opened the hood and see fuel all over the drivers side down below the radiator line. I climb underneath and see fuel dripping from well about everywhere on the DS. I start the truck back up to see if I can see the source. The fuel starts dripping right away. Can't tell exactly where it is coming from, but it is dripping from the bottom of the exhaust manifold.

I checked up on top where the injectors are and all is dry there. So it looks like it is coming from somewhere below there.

So I guess I call the dealer to come get it tomorrow and make sure I remove the Juice before they come to get it. Hope I don't have a dealer that asks me if I have any engine mods because I don't lie very well.

Thing is I have had Juice 4.0 since August without a hint of trouble. No got the Hot version and trouble right away. I didn't even get on it very hard at all since traffic was a nightmare. And I didn't notice any smoke or fuel smell when I parked for the movie. Must have happend just on the 18 mile trip home.

Any suggestions or help are appreicated?

NWDmax
02-08-2003, 01:55
My opinion is that its unrelated to the juice module.Since it does not raise fuel pressure I don't see how it could cause a leak.
JK what do you think?
Blake :eek:

mackin
02-08-2003, 05:55
Here is a un-Juiced leak just as you explain.....As NWDmax mentioned Edge does not bump up fuel line presssure.....

=>http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=005111

Good luck,rest assured it isn't Juice related,get it fixed and plug it in.....

MAC :D :D :D

Kennedy
02-08-2003, 09:57
Odds are it is the rail pressure sensor. This is typically what has leaked.

Unrelated to the Juice or any other non PSI box. GM says replace the entire function block, but my dealer has had good luck just tightening up in abscence of parts.

Thumbs up for the Juice and down for the leak...

ndamico
02-09-2003, 01:30
Sounds like what happened to me. Mine was leaking from the left fuel rail. they said they tightened it down and it is fine now...

Plasticfantastic
02-09-2003, 07:47
Isn't it crazy how unrelated stuff happens when you wrench on your toys. A perfect example of why I stick to my own toys and pass on fixing friends and relatives vehicles.
"You remember that tailight bulb you replaced last week?, well now the front end is making this popping noise, what did YOU do to it?" :rolleyes:

Kennedy
02-09-2003, 11:21
And the first thing to blame is the box.
I have seen them blamed for:

SES lights for low rail psi (really plugged/restricted fuel filter)

Trans indicator failures (likely NSBU switch)

and a few other unrelated things...

3-Fan
02-09-2003, 17:29
I guess mine was just a wierd case of me putting on my Hot Juice box for the first time and the fuel rail coming loose (I hope) within a few hours of each other. Funny how things happen that way.

3-Fan
02-10-2003, 12:04
Update:

My dealer just called and said that the fuel line broke. Didn't have all the details yet. He said no dealer in Ohio had the part and is gonna look nationwide now. Either this is a rare problem or a common one since parts are hard to get.

3-Fan
02-12-2003, 14:52
Update on my leaking truck:

Got her back from the dealer yesterday still all covered in fuel (that's another story in itself.) They ended up replacing the #4 Fuel Injector Line. Said it was leaking at the injector. No codes were thrown.

Threw the HOT Juice back on 10 minutes after I got home. Try this again!!!

mackin
02-12-2003, 16:07
What is the possible leg to stand in regards to NOT cleaning diesel fuel??

Why reason do they give for someone to diss regard so easily??

I would have a major problem with excepting that decision of a NO clean policy.....I'm sure they would half ass it but nevertheless remove majority and repair any under coating lose.....

MAC :confused:

3-Fan
02-13-2003, 06:37
They said they didn't clean it off because they were afraid with the really cold weather we have been having that things might freeze up underneath. They have a wash booth inside a heated building. Just wash it off and let it sit inside over night. They left a dirty rag on my front seat, so gripped about that too. The service head honcho told me when the weather warmed up they would wash the truck top to bottom and give me a full detail.

He also said they "checked" and said that the diesel on the undercoating would not harm it.

Do these guys actually go through training to be this knowledgable???

chuntag95
02-13-2003, 09:51
Dealer trainging guide: This is your head. This is your butt. Insert tab H into slot B. :rolleyes:

Kennedy
02-13-2003, 11:14
Find a Lazerwash and get the option with the flush. This isn't the end-all, but does do a surprisingly good job.

I think it would be kinda cool for some of these washes to add extra jets and allow a "flush only" option or a flush clinic for those of us that run in road salt...

sdaver
02-14-2003, 20:55
you really should not stand on that injector fuel line while installing the juice..........the plugs are't that hard.... :D a little simple green and a mild dose from the hose sprayer should clean it up :D dave