PDA

View Full Version : "Change engine oil" light won't reset.

Maverick
02-09-2003, 15:57
Had both trucks in for oil changes yesterday and both trucks have always been very hard to reset oil change light. My 3500 especially. Three pedal pumps didn't work again so they hook up Tech 2 and clear it on the 2500HD. Do the same on the 3500 and it won't clear. Three pumps of the pedal or with a Tech 2. Any ideas anyone.....JK?

hoot
02-09-2003, 16:22
I have the same problem. Like I mentioned before, this also could effect Juice owners.

fordpuckettjpuckett@tampa
02-09-2003, 16:26
When you change oil how do you reset change engine oil light?
Thanks.
The Alaskan Kid

-

Subject: My Dura-MaxDiesel
Member # 5293 Member since October 2000
VIN# 1GTHK29182E242061

Summit White 2002 SIERRA 2500 HD 4WD Extended Cab SLT
Duramax Alison Long Bed
G80 Locking Rear Differential
Dual Alternators
Heavy Duty Trailering Equipt
Electronic Shift Transfer Case
Electric Rear Window Defogger
Polished Aluminum Wheels
Off Road Skid Plate
Ext Electric Heated Mirrors
Wiring Provisions For Camper
A.R.E. CH Cab High Cap With Glass Windoors
Line X Spray in under Rails Bed Liner
Full Carpet Bed Rug
DTA Chrome Plated Stainless Running Boards
DTA Front & Rear Mud Flaps
Tail Gate Lock
56 Gallon Transfer Flow Fuel Tank & Fast Fill Neck
Futomo Drain Valve
Invinca-Shield
Jordan Ultima Brake Controller
Xm radio
Vent Shades
Under Seat Storage Box
Ziebarted
Color Matched Front Catch All Mats
Garman Street Pilot
Amsoil Two Stage Air Filter
Amsoil Lubricants All the way

Flyboy
02-09-2003, 16:30
Is there anything under the pedal such as carpet that keeps the pedal from going full travel? Have dealer check with Tech2 to see if you are getting 100%. Just a thought. Mine sets ok.

thechevyhdman
02-09-2003, 23:30
If you cycle the key on/off 15 times it will reset your engine oil light. On 2 sec. off 2 sec. Just make sure all idiot lights are on when you cycle the key off. My brothers 03' wouldnt reset at all after 6 times I gave up. So we put the pedal to the floor 3 times WHILE IT WAS RUNNING(really really quick so the truck wouldnt rev. very high) It worked like a charm. Bill

Maverick
02-10-2003, 02:40
I even unhooked the juice and it still wouldn't reset via pedal or Tech 2.

Roofer
02-10-2003, 09:28
I had a hard time getting mine to reset also. I ended up having to push the accelerater down slowly and firmly ALL the way down and up three times. I had tried this before and it didn't work, but I think I was going too fast and not far enough with the pedal. I have also heard that some reset using the brake pedal instead of the accelerater.
Remember you have 5 seconds so it is not a real rush.

BTW, my change oil light has only come on once in 13,500 miles. It came on at about 8K. I have been changing every 3K though.

mark45678
02-10-2003, 21:30
the only advice I have is wait for all the start up lights to stop then push the peddle down 3 times wait It should blink a few times then turn off the truck and leave it off while your doing the oil change ! My buddy at the dealer has found this to work most of the time....

Black Dog
02-11-2003, 06:50
This is one of the most frustrating things about this truck. There seems to be no procedure that guarantees a reset. I gave up one time and had the dealer do it. I think there is a voodo chant that you have to recite while you go through the pedal pumping routine.

imported_
02-11-2003, 21:14
My service writer reset mine after i couldn't get it to reset. He turned key to on position then pushed gas pedal down to floor & released it 5-6 times & it reset. I was following the owners manual & it said to do it 3 times and it never would reset.

hoot
02-11-2003, 21:16
Got mine to reset today finally.

Turn key on and wait a while till all the indicater lights settle.

Then I pumped three times.

Flashed me five times back.