PDA

View Full Version : I heard that tick noise today

Paintdude
07-23-2002, 19:36
While fueling the truck, I heard that noise..It almost sounds like a exhaust expanding noise of a cast and tin part expanding and contracting..Sure sounds like it is something to do with the exhaust to me..I will wait for the TSB on it..this thing just runs better everyday..

oneton
07-23-2002, 19:51
I got something simluar at idle. I didn't have time to crawl under and check it out.

tmg115
07-23-2002, 19:57
what ever the reason for it don;t worry it is normal and will not hurt the truck. mine has gone away at about 6,000 miles. i have not heard it since. so it realy wasn't a big deal to me.

mackin
07-23-2002, 20:09
TICK here TICK there..... It only last, or mine does, for the first couple hundred miles on an oil change, then it's gone.........Do a search......"TICK",in the D-Max forum, take a good nap prior to beginning of the Forum novel on the subject......

MAC :eek:

Desert Diesel
07-23-2002, 22:09
We may hear the tick because the Duramax is so quiet. My truck has had the tick from day one and since the truck has been a mule for TTS I've been able to drive around with different ECM reflashes.

Some of the programming made the truck sound like a powerstroke at idle and you could'nt detect the tick at all. Right now my truck is a little louder than stock and I can barely hear the tick.

For all we know the other diesels out there could have the same tick and their so loud we just can't hear it?

WayCoolKennel
07-24-2002, 15:01
I've heard that tic too... It almost sounds like a leaky collector gasket or header gasket (ah the good ol days ;) )

Anyway.. Better a tic... than a CACKLE !! LOL !

Sorry couldn't resist !

--Steve

pullinpower
07-24-2002, 15:48
I was in a 03 the other day and it had less than 2 miles on it and it had the tick.Its not something to worry about.

motovet
07-24-2002, 23:58
Nothing to worry about ,but slightly annoying just the same. What is the tick, where is the tick,why is the tick? No one seems to know. How strange is that? Maybe as strange as the tick dissapearing for good when I switched to Amsoil 15-40 from Delo 400.