PDA

View Full Version : SureDrain from Fram

colorado2002
07-23-2002, 19:53
Does Fram make one for the Duramax? I can't find one.

Thanks.

Amianthus
07-24-2002, 07:20
If the quality of the Sure Drain is better than their filters, they may have something worthwhile. But I'd be leary of anything from them. You may be better off with the Fumoto drain valve that a lot of people seem to be using (I've had one for over a year and like it alot).

They should have one for the Dmax. It's not like you're the only one who has one.

odoh
07-24-2002, 07:51
I asked them by email. Their reply was not yet but continue adding additional applications. Maybe if they've more email traffic? They took about 3 - 4 wks to reply ~ odoh

[ 07-24-2002: Message edited by: odoh ]</p>

gdblake
07-24-2002, 08:01
I also wrote them by e-mail over 2 wks. ago--no response, either!!--Great Company--like their filters!!

IndigoDually
07-24-2002, 08:17
I looked in the application guide at the local Wally World and they listed two for the 6.5's a standard and a metric. I thought that all were metric. No listing for D-Max.

John

colorado2002
07-24-2002, 20:10
I don't use any Fram products (nothing but Amsoil)but I did like the SureDrain. Does anyone know offhand if the drain plugs on the Duramax are the same size of any of the other GM drain plugs?

Thanks.

gdblake
07-25-2002, 07:35
I don't know about the other GM sizes, but if I remember correctly--Fram doesn't make that valve for any of the current GM trucks.

SDWA
08-04-2002, 13:19
I put a Sure-Drain on this weekend, model SD-2.

I came to the conclusion that it would fit by using the Fumoto reference charts to see which vehicles also used the F-106 valve (which fits the Duramax) and cross-referenced them to the Sure-Drain application chart and they came up with SD-2. The "plug" is about 1/8" shorter in thread length than the OEM plug, but it seems to have as much thread as there is in the oil pan socket.

Also changed the fuel filter (Parker filter from DIS) for the first time, using the remove the second battery and zip-lock bag methods. Not a drop was spilled (acutally, none came out during the removal process!) and the new one went in with no gasket problems or leaks. Primed it as directed and it started right up with no problems. I was relieved after hearing the nightmare stories on here!

If anyone comes up with a good reason I shouldn't be using the SD-2, I'll immediately take it out!

Otherwise, I'll let everyone know how it works in 4000 miles!

Scott

DmaxMaverick
08-06-2002, 17:43
Quote:
"If anyone comes up with a good reason I shouldn't be using the SD-2, I'll immediately take it out!"

It says "fram" on it.

That would do it for me.

Joe Pool
08-06-2002, 19:16
Check this web site:

www.fluidline.com/Waste%20Gard.htm

Look familliar?

Joe

Diesel to the MAX
08-07-2002, 19:56
Hey SDWA, I put the same one on my truck a week ago Monday. I just lucked into it though, did not know if it would fit or not. After comparing it to the stock plug I went ahead and tried it in the pan. Went in without a hitch and seemed to fit great. I think the Sure-Drain plug needs to be a little shorter then the OEM so you can get all of the oil out, just a guess. So far there is no evidence of any leaks. It will be nice to be able to change the oil without soaking the skid plate with used oil!

[ 08-07-2002: Message edited by: Diesel to the MAX ]</p>

SDWA
08-07-2002, 22:14
DMAXMaverick - I knew that would be someone's response! :D

Scott