PDA

View Full Version : Accelerator pedal position

Wally
11-03-2002, 01:19
I had posted a while back about my doubts that I was getting 100% of the go pedal but since the search function isn't working I am posting a new topic rather than updating the original.

I have had a concern for awhile because my pedal only moves about an inch before it bottoms out on the carpet. Not to mention that this truck wouldn't pull a string out of cats butt!
Got under the dash today with the intention of doing something. Quickly decided that cutting the carpet might be safety issue if the throttle hung on it so I decided to remove the pedal assembly and see what it was fastened to. It is bolted to a rather flimsy looking bracket that somehow fastens to the firewall. Looking at it I decided to shim the assembly with some 1/4" aluminum stock I had. I now have nearly an inch and a half of travel and a BUNCH more bullit!.

What really tees me off about this is I had asked two different dealers to check with the Techll to see if there was 100% travel and both reported that there was. Do dealers blow everyone off as incompetent idiots that are only there to waste thier time?

The truck is much more comfortable to drive now with the pedal higher also!

Best I can figure is the bracket which is separate from the firewall wasn't bent to the correct angle which caused my pedal to be low.
It still looks like there is more throttle to be had. Does anyone know what the wire color code is and what type signal is sent to the ECM, analog(voltage/current) or PWM?

letsgo
11-03-2002, 07:31
Wally

First where is 4 corners America???????

Second I just measured the gas (diesel) pedal travel, the solid rule was placed at the point the pedal touched the carpet to the pedals point of return, total travel 2 1/2 inches.

cant answer other questions.

good luck

Wally
11-03-2002, 08:06
Four Corners America is the only place in the US where the corners of four states meet. Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah. I live in Aztec New Mexico. We are only 30 miles from Durango Colorado.

2 1/2 inches. Hmm sounds like maybe I need to pull some more carpet back and find out how the sub-bracket is fastened.