PDA

View Full Version : header wrap - true ?

jamestorgerson
08-16-2004, 09:23
Hello, iam newer,
My father-in-law just bought new Ford pick up with diesel instead of Chevy. :( I asked him "why". He said the engine is aluminum and header is aluminum. The header will wrap and have problems.
Huh, this is true ? :confused: I want hear your feedback about this.
I was plan to buy new 2004 or 2005 chevy 2500HD Durumax Diesel !!. smile.gif smile.gif I was wonder 2005 is still same as 2004 ? let me know.
Thank you !!

koolgt
08-16-2004, 11:01
blocks are cast iron and the heads and crankcase are aluminum, but they are proven not to warp, id be more worried abuout the power stroke breaking down than the duramax, JD power said so

DmaxMaverick
08-16-2004, 13:39
Your father in law probably heard that from his Ford salesman. They know everything, you know. (not that any other brand salesman is any different)

Kool is correct. Heads and sump only. The aluminum heads have been a non-issue, and probably contribute to the engine's ability to develope huge power levels so easily.

jamestorgerson
08-16-2004, 13:47
:D agree with you, that Ford tried to steal people for $$. I told him, I still will buy CHEVROLET 2500HD !! :D so I will GLAD to :cool: competition with him. I am not afriad of it.
Thank you for your respond back.
WHat about any new for 2005 ? too early to ask ?