PDA

View Full Version : predator for sped limit and tire size?

Murray the Cop
08-17-2004, 14:34
I hope I didn't screw up but was I supposed to disconect the juice first? I didn't. The speed limit was pretty straight forward but I can't figure out the tire size. When it asks which tune to modify I am selecting stock seeing as how I am not using a performance tune. Right? If I did stack would I have to modify that tune as well? I'm figuting yes.A litle help please.

DmaxMaverick
08-17-2004, 14:57
You can select to modify the stock tune, then install it. It will not conflict with the Juice. I suggest installing the Juice first, then program the Predator. The Juice programming may interfere with the Predator program if installed in reverse.

Murray the Cop
08-17-2004, 15:01
I have the juice with attitude and did not remove it. How do i set the tire size? I have 285/75/16 Revos on 8 inch rims.

DmaxMaverick
08-17-2004, 15:28
How accurate was your speedo to start with?

Mine was not very accurate with stock tires and no tune. After I installed 285's on 16x8 wheels, I have to program the stock tire size as 245/75/16, and the modified size as 275/75/16. It puts my speedo as close to accurate as I can get. Yours may or may not be the same. My tires are Dueller A/T's (not Revo's) now, and my previous set was M/T's. Both needed the same program settings to be accurate, so the Revo's may be the same.

To program the modifications, plug in the Predator, key on, engine off, all accessories off (including air and radio), E-brake applied, doors closed. While it is programming, do not turn anything on, step on the brake pedal or roll up/down a power window. While programming, the instrument panel may do wierd things, but will return to normal after it's done.

On the programmer, select "tune it", then modify, then select the tune level you want to modify. Make the necessary changes for all the fields. When you are done modifying and back out of the field, it will ask you if you want to install that tune. Select yes (center button) and follow the instructions. Should be complete in less than a minute. You may have to cycle the ignition to complete the process and confirm the install.

With 285's (33" tires), your tach should be at 1500 RPM's at 55, and 1600 RPM's stock, and 1900 at 70, 2100 stock. If you have a GPS, drive on a straight road to check your speedo at various speeds (30, 40, 50, 60....). Once you get it correct, write the settings on the back of the programmer just in case you need to do it again later. If you have access to radar equipment (your handle kinda gives it away), check it that way. I've checked mine with highway markers, radar and GPS.

If you don't have access to any electronic means of verifying your speedo, just get on the highway and set the cruise at about 100 mph. Someone will be along shortly to confirm your speedo accuracy.

motovet
08-17-2004, 15:56
(If you don't have access to any electronic means of verifying your speedo, just get on the highway and set the cruise at about 100 mph. Someone will be along shortly to confirm your speedo accuracy.)
:D

Murray the Cop
08-17-2004, 17:32
Forgot to turn off auto headlight function. Realized it after I was just about finished and did roll the window down the first time I tried to use it. Could this and the fact that I left the juice hooked up have any effect on the stock program stored? Guess I'll run it and see if it codes. Thanks for the help. Now I gotta figure out how to use my GPS.
Anthony

[ 08-17-2004, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Murray the Cop ]