PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Mistake

CoachWagner
07-16-2004, 08:00
For all you rookies just learning like me, don't make the same mistake I made. If you change your FSD make sure to take out the resistor and put it in the new one. Here is what I am talking about. Look in side where the wireing harness goes in the FSD. You will see white at the end of it with a number and a letter on it. Use some stiff wire to pick it out from the FSD (it has two holes to do this). Once it is out put it in the new FSD before you install it. THE TRUCK WILL RUN WITH OUT IT. Which is why I ran for the past 7 months with out knowing until I had it in the shop for a check up. Learn from my pain!

MTTwister
07-16-2004, 09:54
Coach - It only bites you when the computer goes thru some sorta re-learn process. That's why it ran for awhile, then for some dang reason went to check on the resistor and oops. ( This is also why slapping in a different resistor ( ie #9) doesn't pay any benefits until / unless you can force a computer re-learn.. )

Dihrdbowti
07-16-2004, 10:26
What would some intances be that could cause the computer to re-learn?

MTTwister
07-16-2004, 11:09
Well that's what a lot of us are wondering... Without the Binford 2000 TechScan II, it seems to be a random thing.

tongue.gif Heard mention of holding the brake pedal while pressing the accel pedal 3 times with the Key in Run, but engine not torched off.. but that's real hearsay, and no facts to back it up..

a5150nut
07-18-2004, 20:14
MTTwister

That is how I clear codes on my 94. ;)