PDA

View Full Version : Allison wont shift out of 1st gear

Fishnfool
02-11-2003, 15:00
My brother just called me from near Parker,AZ. and says his Allison wont shift out of 1st gear. He has a 2001 D-Max and is pulling a big King of the Road 5th wheel on vacation. Has anyone heard of or experienced this happening and if so what was the fix?
They are calling Bradley Chevrolet in Parker and will probably be having them look at it, Anyone have anything to say good or bad about them or can you recommend a better dealer within 100 miles of Parker?

Fishnfool
02-11-2003, 17:06
Well - His truck is on a flatbed being transported to Lake Havasu Chevrolet right now. He did say that they did some minor 4-wheeling yesterday and this morning when they started up the SES or Check Engine light was on and the tranny made a noticeable clunk when he shifted it and would not shift out of 1st. Will post more when I hear from them again.

mdrag
02-11-2003, 17:44
Fishnfool,

Too late now, but I would have checked the (2) connectors on the Neutral Start Back Up switch (NSBU), or Park Neutral Position (PNP) switch as GM refers to it - to ensure that they were not knocked loose while 4 wheeling.

I'm transferring this topic to the 2500HD/3500 HD Trucks & Drivetrain forum.

mdrag