PDA

View Full Version : COME ON PEOPLE PLEASE TALK TO THE NEWBIE

JODY STUBBS
02-11-2003, 21:17
does anybody know anything

afp
02-11-2003, 21:27
Most likely not. What do you want to talk about?

Blaine

Paintdude
02-11-2003, 21:30
Hi Newbie..Want to post a picture or post a link? :D

JODY STUBBS
02-11-2003, 21:30
injector cup seals at the bottom of the cup

mackin
02-11-2003, 21:31
I know that if you check the MEMBERS area you will discover every thing you want to know about Injector Cup Seals......

I know there is a search feature here that you might gain some info on LOSING Coolant you may want to check out .....

I know the three R'S......

I know I own a pretty nice truck...

Others will chime with your other questions.....Welcome to the BB I hope your question are answered in a timely order....

MAC :D :D :D

JODY STUBBS
02-11-2003, 21:40
Ive done the searches but cant find if there is an actual seal in between injector cup and head.

mdrag
02-11-2003, 22:13
Jody Stubbs,

Here is a link to an excellent article by MorePower on the subject you seek:

www.thedieselpage.com/feature.htm

Good Luck.

JODY STUBBS
02-11-2003, 22:21
Thanks i already read that and talked to Jim personally but we still have no answer for sure. When the replaced the cup on #2 they put some sealant on the cup but not an actual seal. Im curious if there is an actual seal. Either way it still out ran the powerjokes on the rodeo trail last week while using coolant. Hate to see it when its not burning coolant. Poor jokers. LOL

mdrag
02-11-2003, 22:45
JODY STUBBS,

I checked the 2001 Helm manuals and this is what I came up with concerning R/R the injector cups:

If the injector cup (sleeve) is removed from the cylinder head when servicing the injector, this is the injector cup installation procedure to follow:

Important
Inspect the injector cup for damage such as scoring. A damaged injector cup must be replaced.

1) Position the new injector cup gaskets to the upper portion of the injector cup.
2) Apply sealant to the lower sealing area of injector cup. The sealant is Locktite 272 or equivalent.

Appears to be a sealant rather than pre-manufactured seal for the lower part of the injector cup.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of this information since I have never seen the inside of the Dmax :eek:

Hope this helps.

[ 02-11-2003: Message edited by: mdrag ]</p>

TraceF
02-12-2003, 16:36
I'm with mackin on this... except I only know the part about having the nice truck.

What's a freakin cup seal- and do I need to pre-seal it or post-seal it? I need a new project and a reason to call and e-mail many of you for advice, probably late at night, and usually after drinking significantly.

:D