PDA

View Full Version : Juice 3.0 no more... gots me 4.61

thechevyhdman
11-05-2002, 23:50
Well I finally got a new Juice Box in and Well Its TONS smoother...and finally can tell what level I AM IN. Have noticed even though I missed alot of versions DO they all shift this hard. Man level 4 was like bammin out the gears like no tommorrow. I only drove 20 miles none of it full throttle but didnt hardly notice any defueling at all. Will it take time to readjust to 4.61 or is my truck all set(I mean used too) the 3.0 I just took out. Next step is to get guages SOON... As you can tell it takes me a while to get my act together :eek: :D tongue.gif

mackin
11-06-2002, 05:16
:cool: :cool:

What gauges ????? Whatcha want gauges for ????Tink ya got some kinda hotrod????
I'll march right by ya !!!!!! See-ya on THE GRADE in Watertown at Sun Down.....Clean your EARS, OOPS I mean Q-TIP air cleaner so it's fare !!!!!!

MAC :D :D

[ 11-06-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Swayse
11-06-2002, 08:16
Maybe I need to upgrade my 4.30 (hot), mine shifts kinda soft, and feels like forever before the power comes back on after the shift. If you wanna feel your truck feel real slow, take it to the drag strip. Feels like you could get out and push it, and the defueling at the shifts feels like 3 to 5 seconds each shift. And then you get your time slip, 14.24, cool. But, still, my tranny won't hold 5th, it slips and cuts the power back. I really would like extra firm shifts, and to hold 5th, that might be enough for a 13.9999. Did I mention the 1.85 60'? :D

Oongawah
11-06-2002, 21:04
Chevy HD Man,

Yeah, it'll smooth out in about 100 miles or so. I've been playing around with different ones, and each time it had to adjust. Sure is smooth. Get into it man. It will shift hard if you're driving slow before it adjusts. Reminds me of today though. Mine is real smooth. I took off in front of a mile long string of cars so I hit it, and held it down. In third they were still sliding a bit, then WHAM! I thought it was a hard shift, but realized the locking rear-end kicked in. Kinda startled me at first. One note if you don't have gauges, I've had to back off at times because of EGT's getting too high in L4 ver. 4.61 . If I go without the wastegate never a problem, and much more boost. But the drawback I've noticed is there is an increase in turbo lag, and it downshifts too early. I've reconnected mine because I like the instant torque, instead of Horses after a downshift. I really need to get the exhaust, but I have a couple projects to get out of the way first. I hate passing someone on a hill and really swoopin' by and realize I have to back off or I'm in the 1400 degree area. Caught myself at 1425 last week when I passed someone. L4 brings it up quick, I can't imagine what the hot juice will do. I'm happy with the regular juice, my second set of tires are wearing fast, and the tranny is smooth under full power. LOVE IT!, Chuck.

tonyskid
11-08-2002, 10:17
Oongawah I have been looking for someone in the area that has one of the Juice set ups on there truck. I live in Lancaster and was wondering if I can check yours out before I purchased one or maybe if you can take me for a short ride somewhere. If it is possible write me back or post on this site.
Thanks
Tony

Oongawah
11-08-2002, 23:41
For sure dude! I'll be in Lancaster Monday, and Tuesday. E-mail me and we'll hook up. chuck@chent.com