PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Believe It!

DucksnDiesel
07-26-2002, 12:21
Since I was going to be out of town for a few days and would not need the truck, I decided to put it in the shop and get the steering rattle fixed. I was extreemly clear with the service writer that I wanted the bearing REPLACED. I gave them written instructions along with the page from the July GM TechLink detailing what needed to be done. I was clear that I did not want the "lube job" done because it does not work. I also gave him 15 pages of print-outs from this site about the lube not working.

I called several times to check on the truck while I was gone. They said it was fixed. Never told me anything different was done. When I picked it up today, all they did was the "lube job". The steering rattle is still there, plain as day (they must not of test drove it after the fix). Needless to say I hit the roof. The best part is the response I got from the service manager. He said they tried the bearing replacement on another truck several weeks ago and the bearing did not even fit over the shaft (probably did not use the specified tool). Therefore, they think the part number is wrong and won't replace it until the service bulletin is corrected. What a load of #$%!. Now I will have to put the truck back in the shop for 2-3 days and be inconvieneced again because they are too stupid or too lazy to follow directions.

If thats not enough, I also had them update the TCM. I explained that they needed to update the ECM at the same time. I guess that was too much for them to do because they only updated the TCM and now the truck runs like #$%!.

I've always owned GM products but its time to rethink that. When you pay that much for a truck, you expect the quality of the service to match.

Anyone know any dealers in the DFW area that can follow directions?

deerhunter7
07-26-2002, 12:34
Sorry you were dealing with a lousy Dealer.Mine
Saxon Motors in Elk River has been very good so far. But just a little out of your way. Seems the smaller Dealers take better care of their customers.. All you can do is try another. Good Luck'''

FightinTXag
07-26-2002, 12:55
You're not dealing with Buz Post GMC are you? I used to intern in the summers at the GM Assembly Plant in Arlington, and everyone I talked to there agreed Buz Post had the worst service and was the least honest dealer in the metroplex. They're one of the ones that tries to make you pay $800 for a wax job (they call it paint sealant) and scotchgard. My parents still live up in Ovilla and they have bought 3 vehicles now from Fernandez Pontiac/Buick/GMC (used to be Davis). They've been pretty happy with the service they've received.

oneton
07-26-2002, 14:11
Belive me DnD, you not alone. I have yet to find a dealer worth a sh#t here in Tampa. The best advise is to ask around. It will be hit or miss until you find someone that will point you in the right direction. Does anyone know if GM keeps tabs on there service? Is there a score card to compare different dealerships track record?

SoCalDMAX
07-26-2002, 14:18
There is a recommended dealer listing on this site. I don't know how current/complete it is, but here's the url: http://www.thedieselpage.com/dealers.htm

Good luck! Steve

Tommy turbo
07-26-2002, 17:16
Try Jerry's in Weatherford. They seem to know a lot about these trucks. They have worked on mine and have done a good job.

pinehill
07-26-2002, 22:19
oneton,

Try Dimmitt Chev in Clearwater. They've done Ok by me on 2 visits, one for the one piece driveshaft, and the other for PCM/TCM update.

oneton
07-27-2002, 03:58
Thanks Pinehill. Someone else reccommended Dimmit in Tampa, so they must be doing something right.

TBC
07-27-2002, 20:28
Classic Chevrolet and Hudiburg have always done right for me. Both are in the DFW Metroplex.

GLEN NORMAN
07-27-2002, 22:36
I bought my wifes car at Dimmit in Clearwater last year and have had it in 3 times all good but hey were easy to fix things. I have never had my truck in there. There parts department has helped me. I would start looking for the next truck there if I am still in the area. ;)