PDA

View Full Version : air box holes/block heater cord

Larry93
11-07-2002, 11:21
My DMAX was built on 3-02 does the air box need to be modified? If so how? Did GM put too short a cord on the block heater or am I routing it wrong? Thanks Larry

Buck
11-07-2002, 12:32
Larry93, My Dmax is a 7/01 model. The block heater cord is long enough to reach between the grill and bumper (my location) with about 4 inches sticking out. I had to undo a couple of the plastic clips (retainers) to free up enough cord. Route it straight around the radiator so the cord ends up on the inside of the parking lights between the grill and bumper.

Your air box should be fine, unless ya want even more flow (check my sig)

hickcox
11-07-2002, 12:33
I changed my air filter out to an Amsoil #TS123 two stage, oiled type foam filter and never drilled any holes in my airbox, and I have no problems with it. Also my mileage is consistantly stays around 19-20 mpg both around town and highway.

As for the block heater cord I have it routed under the airbox and it hangs out along side the headlight about 4-5". Some people bring it out under the fender well for more length, which I don't understand?

IndigoDually
11-07-2002, 15:27
I pulled mine out of the wire loom about 8" IIRC and I ran it out the hole in the bumper. When it is unplugged I tuck it in behind the front license plate and I don't worry about it. It has stayed put all summer without being tied up.

John