PDA

View Full Version : Any conclusive test re PMD vs IP?

ol9465er
11-07-2004, 16:30
Are there any conlusive tests to determine whether it is PMD or my my IP that is bad.

Has been stalling over past two weeks. Had code 35 and had no fuel flow from drain while running. OPS was bad so changed - changed Lift Pump also to make sure. Cleaned all grounds also. Change fuel filter.

Fuel flow from drain good now but still stalls when hot. No codes now though.

Have been contacting Remarq Technologies re SOL-D replacement and am about to order but just want to make sure whether may be IP or PMD.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

ol9465er
1994 Chev 6.5 3.4T 4x4 Ext Cab
Stock
279K Km's

MTTwister
11-07-2004, 17:02
Hey ol... - potential expensive fix, but I think your on the right track. You've checked the grounds - Black wire on the IP is the PMD Ground. Remote mount the new FSD - then dig the old PMD off the pump ( easy for me to say - haven't done Mine yet.. smile.gif ) check the 'torque' on the transistors. if loose, throw it in the glove box for a back-up.

Actually - potential test - if it stalls when 'hot', cool the PMD with water, or a bag of ice. if that mitigates the stalling, then the PMD is probably overheating and failing.

Search - there is a sequence to troubleshooting this thing - but for piece of mind - it's nice knowing that you have a remote mounted FSD - get a long extension and get it out of the engine bay.

And - let us know how the Sol-d works out. Good Luck -

ol9465er
11-10-2004, 20:29
MT... I put on a SOL-D FSD today. Installation was 2 minutes after getting the connector off the Stanadyne PMD and out from under the manifold which took 15 minutes. The truck started like a dream and ran perfectly smooth. I only have a few K's from an hours driving tonight so I will wait a week to post a message regarding the performance and/or fix. The performance seems better though, however, I have been running with the old on faulty for a while....

Thanks again...

ol9465er