PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filter change out, oh what fun?

SHOPMAN426
08-22-2004, 15:45
Well, I finally changed my fuel filter. 12,000 miles in three years, I figured it was time. Moved truck out of the shop and into the gravel, just in case. Followed owners manual and instructions on new filter. Drained out fuel from below, removed electrical connector. Got tierd of waiting for the fuel to all come out. Tried to remove filter by hand, no go. Went and got my oil filter wrench, too small. Started to rain, great. Jumped in other truck and drove to closest automotive store, Shucks. Brought new fuel filter along for sizing. Out of the size wrench I need. Found nylon strap type that fits up to six inches, Will have to do. Drive home, still raining. Devised plan to make strap wrench work. Filter came off with a few inward dents. Removed water sensor and noticed that the stem was cracked at the base halfway around. Checked it, then reinstalled it on new filter. It made it three years, it should make it a few more weeks. Bet I end up paying for the new one. Lubed up gaskets and seals and installed new filter, still raining. Prime new filter and wipe everything down. Turn key, it starts! Let it run for five minuts. Turn truck off, put away tools, then the rain stops. Boy, that was a lot of fun.

:confused: :mad: smile.gif Shopman426.

Mike