PDA

View Full Version : Saw 2003 Dmax today

thechevyhdman
07-27-2002, 10:17
And well Ill probably never buy a GM truck again. I really cant believe that GM could go and totally kill A beautiful looking truck. I saw the pictures posted here and honestly they looked better in pics then they do in person. The front nose swoops down really low, The angles and everything on it look like someone who came back in time to 2002 designed it. Never mind the front end hangs pretty far past the front tires, All I have to say is I dont ever think it would be humanly possible to ever have this style grow on me. I thought the Avalanche looked bad, even though there almost the same, the new 2K3 looks even worse. The rear tailights look like a carbon copy of the lights on the new Dodges. Im sorry but I think GM went way to far bringing the whole line of trucks to this style. Guess my next truck will a GMC, Unless I have the same feelings after finally seeing it in person for the first time

cat320
07-27-2002, 19:54
I feel the same way. they have just killed the chevy line up I will probaly be looking at the other make :eek: Who did they poll on that design???? Like the power dome look and not that advalanche look well the whole truck looks like sh*t the advalanche I mean. :mad:

stretch
07-28-2002, 05:30
I saw the '03 2500HD (not a Dmax), I was stunned, it is just as or more ugly in person vs. the pictures. I did not care for the tailights either but at least they are bearable. IF I were to get a new truck, it certainly would not be a Chevy. It would have to be a GMC. My guess is GMC will have a GREAT year. Diesel Dealer is going to get rich!!!!! tongue.gif

One positive comment, I do like the changes GM made in the interior. smile.gif

3176CATPOWER
07-28-2002, 06:06
I saw a 2003 GMC 3500 HD crew cab with the D-A at the dealership a week ago.They did not change the taillites,just the grill,bumper and air dam.Would not be too bad except the air dam has round fog lites which I thought looked out of place considering the more straight lines of the grill.Guess I like my 2002 better but could get used to the 2003.Did not get inside to check out the seats but could see the climate controls were changed.Also saw a 2003 1500 which appeared to have same front end but the fog lites were missing,the holes were there in the air dam,looked terrible.

Wally
07-28-2002, 07:31
Yep, I layed my own eyeballs on one yesterday.
Yucky!!! And when I walked around to the back and saw the tailights, which look like something from a Ricer aftermarket catalog, I was even more disgusted. At least they weren't clear
What were they thinking????
Can't do anything about the front end but it looks like the mounting for the tailights is the same as the 02s so one should be able to put in the old tailights.
I was really hoping that when I saw the trucks in the flesh they would look better than the pictures. Not So!!

Lawnboy
07-28-2002, 08:04
I haven't seen one in "real life" yet, but after some of these comments, maybe I shouldn't! I realize the need for the body lift on the HD's, and hence the body now sits higher above the bumper. Why not make a different bumper for the HD's. One that will meet the grill without some Mickey Mouse filler add-on piece. The 1500's (GMC) acutally look pretty decent, then they totally disrupted the flow of the grille and the overall appearance.

GM did this before on the Older style HD models. It was a bit strange, but still looked 1003% better than this job. That body lift was to fit a larger radiator up front, and hence allow more air to hit it.

I'm not even going to get into the taillights, as I haven't seen a pic of them yet. I do/did like the idea of the amber turnsignals though! My '90 is down right dangerous with your 4way flashers on. People think your tapping your breaks, as it wasn't until a few years later that they seperated the turn/stop circuit.

I really like the steering wheel controls, hopefully improved radio, nicer instrument panel, but the HVAC controls look a little cheezey. You can control temp on either side, but you BOTH get the same fan settings ??? Hows that gonna work?

This really hits me hard, as I've been saving up lately, and hoping that the '03's will be my year for getting a DMAX. NOW what? Maybe I'll start looking for a low milage '02!!!

Requirements: RED, 4x4, ExtCab/long bed, D/A, G-80, NO Leather, Loaded, NO ON-STAR. Try finding that on a dealers lot!