PDA

View Full Version : How much should I pay

Chris611
07-27-2002, 15:34
I'm finally lookiing to trade up to a D/A from my '97 6.5L K2500. I am wanting a ext cab LB K2500HD. I don't want leather. I was just curious what other people have paid for similar configurations? Don't mean to pry, but just wanted some info for when I hit the sales lots. Also have any of you had any luck with shopping on the internet through out of state dealers and having the trucks shipped to a local dealer? Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Aluminator
07-27-2002, 17:04
Hey Chris,

If ya want one with 30,000 miles I will be selling mine next month and replacing it with a 03.

Email me. dlconstruction@cox.net

afp
07-28-2002, 10:22
Chris,

Check out Edmunds (www.edmunds.com). They post the retail price for a truck equipped how you want, the invoice (which is NOT dealer cost BTW), and what a fair price would be n your location.

Blaine

uncle t
08-08-2002, 16:45
there is invoice and then there is invoice. one is invoice. the other is invoice which includes the 430.oo or so advertising surcharge. There is also dealer hold back which is 3% of the invoice price. that is additional profit the dealer usually won't let you touch. There are other little incentives and kick backs the dealer gets but that is the best guarded secret. A lot of folks have posted here that they got theirs at or a few hundred above invoice. If the salesman tells you you cannot buy at invoice because that is what they pay for them, remind him of the 3% holdback. If you ordered one for 300 over invoice, they make about 1500.00 for 20 minutes of paperwork. Nice work if you can get it.

Mustfish
08-08-2002, 17:00
Chris,
The GMC dealer here in town wanted full retail on the truck they had. I got the sad story about how in demand they were and everyone was paying full price. The dealer about 40mi away made a better offer and best of all the sales team seemed like good people. I ended up with a crew cab D/A,4X4 SLE. No leather but with all the other options. I paid $37,000 for it. I did'nt do any kicking and screaming and might have gotten a better deal yet if I had. You will likely get a better deal if you put your 6.5 in a bargain trader and sell that outright. Shop around, there are some good deals to be had.

Jim

bwhuntr
08-08-2002, 18:41
Everytime someone starts a thread on prices here the comments never cease to amaze me. Of course everyone wants the best deal they can get. However, everyone needs to make money or you will have no where to spend yours. There is a lot more overhead involved at a dealership than 20 minutes worth of paperwork. All vehicles, regardless of manufacturer, in the U.S. go through an inspection of at least an hour as soon as they come off the transporter. Barring any problems, the vehicle can be sold ASAP. There are insurance costs, legal costs, etc. You business folks out there know the drill. So give em a break. Not all of them are trying to *&%$ everybody. In this day and age, they won't be in business long if they do. This forum is a prime example of that. Just my .02 worth.

GMC-2002-Dmax
08-08-2002, 19:05
If I were you, the Price is real important, however for a few more $$$$$$ one way or the other is it really worth splitting hairs???

I think that the convenience of the selling dealer being close to home and if they have a good service department makes it worth a little more.

JMHO and my .02 cents

Good Luck

GMC ;)