PDA

View Full Version : Bank's Pics....

mackin
07-28-2002, 10:55
Well, it's on, since Thursday, and I finally got the PICS up ....... Nice system install fit is nice and tight......Hem and haw on the price, I bought local at Jannettys,good bunch of guys there for those in CT looking for a local performance shop,can't wait for them to get that dyno going......Price I was given, even minus the tip ($40) direct, with shipping, to east coast from Banks, was equal to me getting it local the same day, no waiting, for the brown truck ...... I'll sell the tip, and the tailpipe, when I get my 5" tailpipe......I'm pricing a piece of 409 pipe and trying to find a bender, and calling a couple places that have 5" systems, but want 409..... Install was simple, the stock exhaust comes off in two sections, split at flange. I jacked the rear in one place, in between leaf spring and hitch after I disconnected shock......The stock can is heavy....I did it alone, again it was a simple procedure......Sound is deep and excellent..... Around 2300 rpms it has a nice deep roar, that can be heard when your under an overpass or up against a jersey barrier......Very pleased.....On the install I did have to cut the short piece that connects to the downpipe flange, as the kit is universal for CC and EXT CABS...... Cut it with my die grinder .......I really don't notice any performance gains, minimal at best, but it lowers the EGT'S considerably, just what I wanted.....I can still here the turbo the same as before.....All in all it is a good choice for those considering a free flow system......

MAC :D

[ 07-28-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

NutNbutGMC
07-28-2002, 14:27
^.....Mack Daddy, Nice looking machine. However, I'm number one. A lady (witch) in a mini-van told me so herself, when I blocked her out from passing me... I could see her gesture of display in the side view mirror... Boy, was she ever mad... LMAO... Are you ever going to install a Jake brake so I'll know how they install???

APR2000
07-28-2002, 19:25
Mackin,

Here's a ? I have an Una-Goose hitch platform bolted between the frame rails (Reg. cab). I was crawling under the truck today and noticed that there is now maybe 2" between the stock exhaust pipe and hitch platform. Any idea as to where the Banks 4"er will clear?

CSDMAX
07-28-2002, 20:06
APR2000,

There shouldn't be any reason as to why a 4" Banks would not fit. You are running stock 3.5" pipe so the difference should only be 0.25". If you say you have a 2" clearance, I guess that would leave....oh lets say 1.75". Should be no problem. :D

mackin
07-29-2002, 03:28
NutNbutGMC,

Well, its either a Jake Brake next, or a camper shell, a dc to ac converter,satellite dish, big screen and a cott,cause according to "HER" I'll be living in it soon.......

All kidding aside the BD looks like a nice setup, perhaps, it could be next ...... In awhile tho.......

MAC :D

01_Duramax_Dually
07-29-2002, 08:01
Mac,
Nice set up. Man I wish I had the time to buy and install these things. Maybe this winter in the off season from racing I can do this stuff. I really need the transfer flow 56 gallon tank first...I want to be able to go to Northern California to Las Vegas/Phoenix in 1 straight shot...Although the wife has reminded me that "I HAVE TO STOP for those potty breaks....Geeeez....I remember road trips with coffee cans...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I hope to hit Kennedy soon for his exhaust...

Carry On..... :D