PDA

View Full Version : question for Diesel5 and any other ATS dual exhaust owners

James S
01-04-2004, 13:28
Hey There,

As you know, I have the same exhaust set up as you. Did you ever have the stock exhaust? I never have, and was wondering about the differences, in noise, performance, EGT's, that kind of thing. A friend really wants to buy my ATS duals, and is willing to give me more than I paid for them originally! Yah, he's desperate. I still have my OEM exhaust. I might take him up on it, depending on the impact my putting the factory exhaust back on, will have on my truck. Making three-hundred bucks or so, is always nice, when there is no cost to you. Let me know, if you don't mind. Thanks for all your, and anyone elses' help.

James

[ 01-04-2004, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: James S ]

DIESEL 5
01-04-2004, 18:52
Hi James,

1) I did have the OEM exhaust for about 10k miles.
2) EGT's, don't know if there is a diff' because I installed the ATS duals, gauges,juice on the same day.
3) I did notice the exhaust was louder than stock, but today its not loud enough for me :D

* I love the ATS dual, cause you could smoke them ricers on both sides :D
* What about the labor to take it off and put it on :rolleyes:

DIESEL 5
01-04-2004, 19:20
:D What ever happened to that Honda Mike?

James S
01-04-2004, 20:36
Hey Diesel5,

What was the difference in BOTH performance and noise in decibels, befor and after you got your exhaust? If I am going to experience a significant decrease in performance, I will tell my friend, "NO DEAL". thanks for this.

James

DIESEL 5
01-04-2004, 21:00
James,

Like I said before, I got the ATS with the Juice on the same day. I don't think you gain much performance with the ATS alone, you will have lower EGT's. As far as noise, you will find the OEM exhuast very quiet vs the ATS.

BOTTOM LINE DON'T DO IT !!!!
I'LL SEND YA THE $300.00 ;) (from the money tree) :D