PDA

View Full Version : sled pulling with the juice?

heartbeatcanada
07-28-2002, 19:24
I know your not suppose to pull with the juice in level 4, but was wondering if u could do a short run, such as a sled pull without limping the truck? Obviously i would be watching the gauges. I would like to start showing all the d*dge and f*rd boys that they are the ones wearing the skirt, especially my wifes uncle. He has a powerjoke with a 70hp chip, nothing else unless he's lying, and says he will out pull and blow me in the 1/4. I told him no way in hell about the 1/4, but i'm not sure about the pulling if i can only have the juice on level 2. If level 4 would go for that short distance i think it should be no problem, but don't want to make and ars of myself or the gm name.haha. Any input would be appreciated, or tricks in sled pulling as i have never done this before, just watched, as the 1/4 will be happening real soon(no contest as we buy from the same dealer and the dealer has a powerjoke with the same chip and said i would kill him, but it would be close with his propane), and the pull is coming up in september. Hopefully there is some stories of u guys representing gm as it is a long time over due.
Happy ricing, and what ever else should be foolish enough to get next to a juiced dmax.

midwestdmax29
07-28-2002, 20:07
I don't know about the affect the juice would have , but I know of two stockers that went into limp mode when the trans attempted to shift into 2nd gear. My guess is either the shift would occurr earlier and maybe defuel enough to lock up, or it might go limp sooner. The latter wouldn't be good as it sucked for my buddy who got beat by a 6.0 !! The upside is that you won't have to worry about burning up the trans as the other auto/diesels do. Try testing it somehow.

team trim
07-28-2002, 20:24
I am not sure what effect the juice will have on the Allison either but do know that the Allison is not allowing these trucks to show their potential when hooked to the sled. Attended a pull in Fergus, Ontario on friday night and watched a dodge on water and a ford on propane clean up. Stock Dmax/Allison did not show well. Chipped Dually pulled somewhat better. Would like to see a six speed in the hands of an experienced puller.

heartbeatcanada
07-28-2002, 20:46
team trim - that is the pull i was thinking of going too. I was told there is another pull at fergus in sept. Was the ford with propane a ext-cab shortbox, black with 31's and br performance stickers on it? If so that is the guy i buy my stuff from, he's got the 70hp chip + propane +airbox+4"exhaust, pretty nice guy, even though he drives a f*rd. Funny how all this come up as when i bought the juice from him, i asked if he knew about any pulls and he said he didn't. Almost makes me think he's scared of the dmax on crack.Hmmmmmmm

Dou remember if the ford did a clean pull? The guy with the d*dge won last year,tho he has$15000 invested in performance, so i've been told. Do u know the length of pull of either dmax? I have a ext-cab short box and was going to keep my tools in my toolbox and get some kind of bracket made up to bolt into my plow harness for more front wheel traction. If u know of anymore pulls coming up, if u could let me know that would be great, maybe could meet and talk or have a drink at one of these functions.

team trim
07-28-2002, 21:14
heartbeatcanada- the next pull in fergus is at the fall fair (sat night) for schedule of other pulls check out www.greatlakespull.com. I hate to be spreading bad news but that was the ford. He made a full pull with ease as well as the dodge and made a good run in the pulloff as well but spun out just short. I don't remember the exact diatances for the Dmax/allisons. I am driving my third dmax. had 2001 extended cab shortbox- traded up to a 2002 crewcab shortbox- one of my employees fell asleep at the wheel and wrote it and my trailer off- replaced it with 2002 crewcab shortbox. :( therefore my playing/pulling activities have been curtailed. mines the black one in the parking lot (for now!)

heartbeatcanada
07-29-2002, 17:31
team trim- thanks for the site info. Do u know when the fergus fall fair is? U wouldn't know if the dooley dmax had the juice or another box? Just want to know how the juice does in pulling. If only that ally would let us go with more power, as im not going to be the guinne pig.

mtomac
07-29-2002, 19:25
run in high range with the tranny in 1st, this will keep the allison from getting confused

utilitydmax22
07-29-2002, 20:42
I have pulled trailers with the amp on by accident on level 4 w/o tow haul on. I have done this a few times The trailers I pulled were b/t 14000- 18000 construction trailers,