PDA

View Full Version : Which Gauges?

TN farmer
11-10-2002, 10:51
I have been looking for gauges and narrowed it down to autometer or isspro. I would like to get comments on which one is prefered but my biggest concern is what is going to match my dash. Autometer makes several different types of gauges and it is hard to compare by looking at pictures and not having the actual gauge.

Toddster
11-10-2002, 11:49
Personally, I think Autometer is the best in the biz. I have had almost every Autometer guage (Pro-Comp series) you can think of threw the years in several different "big powered" Chevy pickups of mine and also used them when crew chiefing some years back for a dirt modified. Never had one fail. I have no personal experience with Isspro but judging from a lot of negative feedback on this site I would stay away. Unfortunatly the Pro Comp series only comes in 2 5/8" and up so I'm gonna go with a set of Ultra Lites (silver/alluminum) and a dual pillar pod. If you want your factory color I know DIS will paint the pod for you cheap. I'm gonna leave my pod black to break up the gray interior a little bit. Check out Mackins picture page he has some awsome pics of his Autometer installation. Hope this helps Dude !

mackin
11-10-2002, 13:36
TN farmer

What Toddster said ..(Thanks Man).....

See D/A Pics below if you'd like.......

MAC :D

NickLeinonen
11-10-2002, 15:15
the vdo vision series matches quite well. the isspro EV series with the red pointer matches well too [looks very much like the vision series]
i have pictures of the vision series gauges i have in my tahoe in the link in my sig

DMAXDiva
11-10-2002, 17:47
TN:

I went with Isspro and have not experienced any problems with them whatsoever. You can see a pic of the pillar mount (painted to match by DIS in Lubbock) in my "truck toys" album.

Best of luck...

csimo
11-10-2002, 17:49
I don't like the Isspro because of the "squeal" problem with the pyrometer. They have sent me a couple of them, but they all have the problem. They admit they don't know how to solve the problem.

DMAXDiva
11-10-2002, 17:53
Hey csimo:

Which series pyro do you have?

imported_
11-10-2002, 18:37
I like the "look" of the isspro high vis gauges but the high pitched hum drives me batty!! A buddy has the isspro gauge (6.5 turbo) and it doesn't hum. Switch gauge and amp box, My truck hums, his doesn't. It might be interference from the dmax electronics.

I prefer the analog gauges, easier to read IMO

csimo
11-10-2002, 19:44
I have the R3607T and it drives me crazy with that high pitched squealing. Don't go Isspro!

TN farmer
11-10-2002, 20:20
Thanks for the help, I belive I will go with the Autometer. I like the looks of the phantom series that are white face with a black bezel. Has anyone seen these installed?

Oongawah
11-10-2002, 21:12
Hey Mackin,

You might need to have your truck checked out. Your wastegate hose has melted around the connectors(hehe). Clean job man. Did you have to remove the induction housing to drill and tap the boost gauge plumbing?

Oongawah
11-10-2002, 21:14
TN Farmer,

Check out Mackin's Pics.

HK 3
11-11-2002, 02:14
I have the Autometer with the Boost and EGT gauge. They look great on the "A" pillar mount and are easy to read. I have the very set of gauges that you are contemplating and can fully recommend them.

DMAXDiva
11-11-2002, 06:56
csimo:

I have the same series pyro, and have never had any trouble with it...that's wierd! :confused:

Toddster
11-11-2002, 09:54
Miss Diva, nice to see you back and in good spirit ! I agree with you on the "my money/toy" issue. If the bills are getting paid your toys are your reward ! Give me my Dmax, my Harley, my sled, good health and a nice warm cardboard box to sleep in and Toddsters a happy dude ! LOL ! ;) Oops, forgot about the Cargo Mate to haul the $hit around in....

[ 11-11-2002: Message edited by: Toddster ]</p>

Plasticfantastic
11-11-2002, 10:01
Autometer carbon fiber series in a pillar mount, work great.

DMAXDiva
11-11-2002, 10:47
Thanks Toddster!

I'm doin' fine, so's the big MAX...Super Juice upgrade is on it's way (oh Lordy!), and I sure am salivating over that ZO6 now...drove a red one on Saturday, Diva LIKEY... :eek: Gotta have a black one though...

Yep, it appears now that my soon-to-be-ex wanted a wifey to stay at home and knit socks for him all day...NOT! Hey, there are plenty of gals out there that will do just that, and more power to them. So while his new squeeze is home hosting a quilting bee, I'll be out tearin' up the asphalt (and lovin' every minute!!! YeeHaw!!!) :D :D

Dmaxin
11-11-2002, 15:06
DmaxDiva where have you been all my life? :D :D LOL

mackin
11-11-2002, 16:03
Oongawah

That aint melt'in ,that's suck'in, big time !!!!!! No clamp needed.... :eek:

That is what was done ,removed......

MAC

[ 11-11-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>