PDA

View Full Version : first tow this weekend

Paintdude
07-28-2002, 20:04
We went to Cleveland from central Illinois about 800 miles round trip...Pulling a 4000 lb trailer and load, enclosed unit..

Got 14.5mpg..Had a nasty head wind coming back most of the way today..

We managed to drive by the Duranax Plant in sourthn Dayton area Saturday..No real pics but cool nun the less..

The downshifting of the trans in tow/haul is quite awsome..I didn`t really need to use it with a 4000 lb load but I did use it in traffic..It sure helps when you need to stop fast...

Bought fuel for 118 at flying J`s truck stop..The truck stops with the larger nozzels are a pain in the arse (gonna have to modify this)and most of the card machines at the diesel pumps(commercial ones) wont take credit cards..

No problems at all, never downshifted out of cruise anytime except when accelorating real hard..The cruise keeps the truck at 70mph up or going down hill..Kind of anoying when semis will come up on your ass when you are going down hill and they may pass you, just to pass them back on the uphill run..

I never payed any attention to the tick or it is gone..I forgot about it,I am sure it is still there at times.....:/

I luv this truck , no regrets here..a 1/2 ton truck is just a car with a bed, after owning this unit..