PDA

View Full Version : Strange behavior?

Buck
08-30-2004, 10:23
Coming back from our Canadian fishing trip, crossed the border and got about 5-10 miles into Minnesota on HWY 61. Started a hill when the RPMs pulsated between 1500 and 2000 quickly for about 30 seconds speed was limited to 55 MPH. I pushed the pedal to the floor then let off a bit, lots of black smoke(which isn't uncommon for me). Dunno what it was, maybe a slug of air? Computer brain fart? First querk I've witnessed in 64000 miles. Ran great the rest of the way home. What was that about?

Should add that we were pulling a 9000lb 26' widebody enclosed gooseneck.

LucasEnglish
08-30-2004, 20:33
On my dad's '02 with the Juce. He goes to push on the gas from a stop and the truck will hestate and almost feel like it will die. He will lift of the gas and hit it again and the truck will go fine. The truck has done this twice in the last 2mons. Seems like a computer fart to me.

More Power
08-31-2004, 19:54
It's not reassuring when something like this happens, but.... You can test for the presense of air in the system by determining if or how much air you can bleed out of the fuel filter. Loosen the fuel tank cap before loosening the air bleed screw on the fuel filter housing.

Check your battery connections. These electronic vehicles depend on solid electrical connections to perform reliably.

You could also visit an AutoZone or similar auto parts store to determine if any trouble codes might be set (not all produce a service engine soon lamp). AutoZone's with an OBD II scan tool can look for codes at no cost for its customers.

Keep us posted...

MP

Buck
09-01-2004, 09:45
MP, I checked for air presence in the fuel system, which seemed okay. I cracked the mega fuel filter bleed screw before priming and after priming the system and didn't notice a large volume of air. The .017 hole in the mega filter nipple seems to be letting the air pass. Possibily a particle got caught in the hole for a short period of time? Maybe it was some bad Canadian fuel, there is a lot of dust and dirt flyin' around up there, dunno?
Battery connections were good.

Buck
09-02-2004, 09:47
No stored codes were found.....