PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for all the help

CTmax
11-10-2002, 20:53
Newbie from North West Ct here. I have been using this forum for research on my 2002 2500 cc for about 7 months. I would never have purchased it without the wealth of information available here. I am new to Diesel and all of you have made it easy for me to learn all that I need and more.

Anyone know where in CT I can get the Lund stainless steel cold front and the PIAA air dam?

Thanks again for all the help.

mackin
11-11-2002, 05:11
Welcome

Good luck with your new truck......You came to the right spot....
Suggestions on Piaa air Dam,Shop the internet....I have a Piaa dam (see more PICS) bought from www.central4wd.com...Cheapest I could find with lamps .....Hope you have a Chevy or there is no sense looking no aftermarket GMC dam yet....Lund front haven't shopped that one out....Others will assist.....

Seems to me us here in the North East may get population Dmax ownership bragging rights...May have no choice to drag rendezvous closer..... :eek: Keep you eyes open for some local meet and greats....

MAC

CTmax
11-11-2002, 08:10
Mackin,
Thanks for the response. :eek: The airdam looks great on your truck, better than I thought it would. The site that you provided was about $100 cheaper that I have seen, I may actually be able to talk the boss into it now. Is there anything that I need to know about connecting the lights? Will they connect directly into the factory harness or will I be doing some creative Wiring?

mackin
11-11-2002, 15:43
CTmax

Well, that is what we have done .....We as in MDRAG was the first that I seen and he helped me out.....

There is a relay in line with the stock foglights so you can use the stock wiring..All you need to do is splice (your choice of style) in the side of the connector on the truck side from the Piaa harness, to connect to the style light you chose.....Simple.......

The purple wire tiss the HOT one on the truck side......Works great !!!! Looks excellent too !!!!!!

MAC

CTmax
11-11-2002, 18:15
Mackin
Thanks for the response. I will be looking for your rig in the North West Hills.

Ken