PDA

View Full Version : First oil Change!

D-n-Tyke
07-29-2002, 13:11
Well FINALLY got the oil changed on the old girl. 1,900 miles on the ticker. A little longer than I wanted but I am not to worried about it. One question that did arise while I was changing the oil thogh.

WHO IS THE FREAKING GORILLA AT THE FACTORY THAT IS PUTTING ON THESE FILTERS??????

It took me two oil wrenchs and 25 minutes JUST to get the damn filter off. But alas I won. Hope that when I go to do the next change the new filter doesn't become that tight :confused: (put on had tight).

Oh well got the new oil in her and she is loving it. :cool:

bora
07-29-2002, 14:02
You are lucky, it took me almost 2 hours
to get the filter off, finally punched a hole through the filter and turned it using a screw driver.

I also had two oil wrenches, neither one of them any good. I am going to order a FACOM oil filter
wrench from Griot's garage pretty soon.

Silver Bullet
07-29-2002, 14:17
I had the same problem with my first change. I put my second on a little tight although I didn't think so until I took it off! My third is on slighty more than hand tight. I won't change it for a couple more weeks.

oneton
07-29-2002, 15:47
Well, I must be the only one that didn't have any problems with the oil filter. I used my normal oil filter wrench and it came off with just a little effort. tongue.gif I've had some I had to destroy before they came off and reading the boards here had me worried.