PDA

View Full Version : Preditor or Quad

ColoradoBoz
01-05-2004, 19:45
I'm going to be getting bigger tires and want to recalibrate and possibly remove the speed limiter...I guess both the Quad and Preditor do this..any recommendations?? Which one is cheaper??

Thanks.

Kevin

Murray the Cop
01-06-2004, 16:00
ColoradoBoz,
The predator has much more in the way of diagnosticsand they are priced pretty close. I had the quad for the programming and dumped it for the juice. I am ordering the predator from Chris at Cyclone diesel next week. Hope it helps.

Anthony

Jomar
01-06-2004, 21:14
ColoradoBoz,
I`d go with the Predator, IMHO.

Jomar

DinoMax
01-08-2004, 15:59
ColoradoBoz, I have been running the Predator for about a year now. Have never had a single issue w/trouble codes, the way the truck runs, etc. Updated a few months back to get the newer 120HP tune, and haven't taken it off that setting yet :cool: My main reason for buying was for speedo/odo calibration also, but is sure is cool being able to smoke my 315 BFG's and leave evrybody in a cloud of diesel fumes when i get the urge ;) They're both a good buy for the money IMHO. The Quad was not available when I bought the Pred., but I think the Predator has more features. Either way, get one and have fun! Good Luck, DinoMax :D :D

ColoradoBoz
01-08-2004, 17:06
Thanks...I already have the Hot Juice, so I don't need the programming, especially with a stock tranny. Where is a good place to get one?? I checked Kennedy's website, but didn't se that he sold them.

matt-max
01-08-2004, 19:41
try runninwiththedevil.com i believe it is the site that many have purchased their predators from.

matt

dakotakid
01-08-2004, 19:51
I bought the Predator this past summer, and had lots of trouble installing it. Called the tech helpline, but they couldn't figure it out either. While i was waiting for a call back, I kept fooling with it and finally figured out how to trick it into letting me into the programs - but it was nothing like the instructions told me. Never bothered calling the helpline back to tell them what I figured out - and they never bothered calling me back to tell me how to fix it, either!! I guess as long as I can make it work, that is all that matters...

schnier
01-09-2004, 12:09
I have had the predator for a year now and it can be loaded or unloaded in 2 minutes. I take it back to stock in the winter as it spins the wheels to much, and then in the spring load the tune back in for more towing power. It is a piece of cake to program the truck and leave the programmer in the house. I have rev 1.10 and all is working well.