PDA

View Full Version : Duramax regular cab flatbed with 6-speed

markrinker
09-05-2004, 06:09
Does anyone have experience operating this combo pulling gooseneck trailers or as a work truck?

I am considering a purchase of same, wanted to know how the combo works - what mileage to expect - ride, pulling power, etc...

Also, is $25K in the ballpark for a 2003 with 35K miles? Has gooseneck and receiver hitches, wired for e-brakes, etc. Interior is normal mat floors and bench seat with little frills other than CD, A/C.

Thanks!

DmaxMaverick
09-07-2004, 13:47
Go to kbb.com (http://www.kbb.com) to check on the value of the truck.

As far as your concerns, I don't know of any difference there would be, other than convenience, between a regular and flat bed. There could be GVW issues if the flatbed was extremely heavy. If it's aluminum, it is probably a weight loss from a regular bed. There should be no significant difference with mileage and power. It will be a huge step in all respects from the 6.0L.

gbeyer
09-10-2004, 05:19
read up about the dual mass flywheel and the six speed. Bad things man!

matt-max
09-10-2004, 14:48
if it's a dedicated chassis cab instead of a dually pickup then it is a 12k gvw truck and has the straight frame. also, the rear end is narrower and the tires don't stick out as far which is better for plowing as you don't pack down unplowed snow as you're turning. of course, i couldn't handle plowing with a manual myself, too many things to think about already without having a clutch and stick shift as well.

matt