PDA

View Full Version : tranny? or injectors?

sixl
09-07-2004, 12:55
01' dmax allie 89000 miles all stock. Friday went on a trip (with my 32ft carrie lite 13000#) got 150 miles out of town and the truck seemed to go in to limp (could't get the rpm over 2000) so I pulled over and turned the truck off on on and it was fine for a mile or so then it did it again. No prier problems just slow going from park in to drive 3 second lag :confused: , So I turned back to the last town I had gone by and took it to a dealer witch said that the tranny needed servicing (witch I had done 10000 miles ago) so they did it again for $300 and got 10 miles down the road and again same thing so I went back and this time they said it was the injectors and they wanted to keep it over the weekend to replace them, I told them no and I came back home and traded out with my new dmax. No problem on the way home? So this morning I took it to a local stealer and they said it needed injectors? and they are putting them in under warranty. Any one have any thing like this or tell me anything about my problems . Like I said 89000 no problems, and always stock.

sixl
09-08-2004, 06:47
Thanks for the help?

More Power
09-08-2004, 17:59
A rather large book could be filled with possible solutions to your problem right here in this BB. All it takes is using the search button.

As posted in another thread, as posted by OC_DMAX, I found:
#04-06-04-007 - (02/18/2004)
Service Engine Soon (SES) Light, P0087, P0093, P1093, Low Power, No Start, Hard Start,
Fuel in Crankcase (Replace All Injectors-New Strategy for High Fuel Return Rates)

Now, as I mentioned in another forum thread, our local GMC dealer tech told me that he's found many P0093 & P1093 codes are due to a plugged fuel filter. To test for this, use a fuel restriction gauge to measure the vacuum (suction on the fuel supply line). If you see 5" or more vacuum, replace the fuel filter before assuming an injector problem.

MP

mark45678
09-09-2004, 13:37
I had a problem like this with my 01 , it was a fuel system problem , I think the fuel system was getting air in it and it would be fine if I hit the primmer 10 time and the next time I asked for full power it would happen again... I think Ihad a bad fuel filter houseing (no servisable parts) I vacuem tested the houseing and found it leaking by. your could just be a filter

Louis_Young
09-15-2004, 14:52
My truck is at the dealer as I write this for what sounds like exactly the same symptoms. I'm in for 8 new injectors. The good news is this is a warranty fix. Take it to a good dealer who handles lots of diesel trucks. 2001 DMAX/Allison C/C 4X4 117,000 miles