PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have vacuum/boost gauge?

D MAXIMUS
11-11-2002, 22:17
Does anyone have a vacuum/boost gauge? Are there any benefits to having the combo gauge?

John

Amianthus
11-12-2002, 08:16
There isn't any reason to run a compound gauge like you're talking about for manifold pressure. These trucks spend 99.99% of their lives with the manifolds under pressure. It wouldn't really do you any good.

Now if you are talking about a compund gauge for LP fuel pressure, that might be a good idea. Using the vacuum scale on it would help give you an indication of your low pressure fuel system health. Filters, lines, pickup screens, etc. Outside of that, you really wouldn't have much use for one in your truck.

That's the way I see it any how.

CSDMAX
11-12-2002, 08:43
D MAXIMUS,
Dakota Digital makes a rectangular Vac/Boost gauge. The rectangular gauges they sell are only in this combination. You set the gauge to measure either vac or boost, not both. Only benefit is that you can re-use the gauge (vacuum side) if you ever decided to go back to a gasser.....but why would you do that??? :D

D MAXIMUS
11-12-2002, 21:17
Amianthus,CSDMAX,
Thanks for the information. I am looking at Auto Meter Cobalt series gauges. The only one they show on their website is a vacuum/boost combo. I did not know if the vacuum part would be of any value. It turns out that they do have a boost only gauge. I will get that one instead.

John

thechevyhdman
11-13-2002, 16:25
Hey last time I checked with Autometer they did NOT have a boost only guage(COBALT)only like you said vac/boost. However If I am wrong please let me know because I wanted that guage series for my truck but couldnt use it bc of obviously no boost only guage availabe. They look pretty sweet, Im either gonna go with the Cobalt,(if you are right) or the Lunar series guages. TIA for your answer. Bill

D MAXIMUS
11-15-2002, 20:39
thechevyhdman, According to Auto Meter, 0-30 Boost gauge in the Cobalt series is part number 6160. I am going to try to order one from Summit tomorrow.
John

sdaver
11-15-2002, 20:46
with the juice and the waste gate plugged a 30 psi guage will be pegged. i see 33+psi before shifts....dave :D

[ 11-15-2002: Message edited by: sdaver ]</p>